Thinking of trying Converting Ef HB to 5 Lug

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdubspeeds

I already got 90-93 integra front spindles and hubs on the front of my ef. Now Im going to get the rear disk set from 90-93 integra. Question is do you think its possible to get 94+ integra hubs to fit the in 90-93 integra spindles to make 5 lug all wheel disc brakes? Just an idea im thinking bout. Anyone have any input of how to do this or if there is an easier way to accomplish it? BTW my civics suppose to be on 4generationcivic.com in january as the car of the month WOOT. Not much of an accomplishment but hey :) Thanks for the input! :worthy: :worthy:

Thanks for your opinion. I really dont want to be told not to do it or that its a dumb idea. I was just looking for people to help brain storm a way to go about it.

Sounds extremely possible if you ask me, and it also makes me wonder because I have a CRX and I would love to do the same to my car. Ill check back, Congratulations on the idea. :worthy:

the idea is not a new one, as I had thought of doing that on my integra ls. It would look cool. I would take the entire hub assembly from an itr though, so I could have the upgraded brakes. That's the only reason i can see to do it, besides looking cool of course.

most people that do the conversion do it for the brake upgrades. Type Rs have JDM aftermarket support by the highend brake mfrs. like endless, also supposedly, I've heard the 5 lug is stronger for road racing, but that's only hearsay.

Thanks for the feedback guys, sounds like we all need to figure this one out. Let put are heads together. Ill pick up a control arm from a 91 integra and a 94 integra and see what i can come up with. You guys do the same if you like and we can exchange ideas.

its been done, ask a member on here named MeaseyRacer, i think he knows what needs to be done to make it fit

it's not the 5 lug hubs that are important, it's the entire hub, the part you mount the break calipers to that are what you will want. five lug hubs are worthless waste of money in of themselves. You want the brake geometry that is what make the ITR 5 lug hubs desirable. Other wise you are just adding another lug nut to your wheel, and thats a gay waste of money.

personally, i don't see the point.

a rear disc swap is a viable thing to do, but the hassel of the 5-lug really isn't worth it IMO. you can get brembos/pads for a rgular integra just the same. and for the endless remark above- that uses new calipres and rotors all together, making the 5lug + endlesss swap, and then 5lug wheels, about a $5000 project0 for the same braking power that $500-650 can get you from brembo/fastbrakes/etc....

be that is it may-- this forum is for swap questions.... moving to brakes/suspension/

God i freaking hate it when the move my posts. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I want responses. Nobody logs into the brakes and suspension to talk about Ef ideas. GRRR GRRR :angry: :angry: :angry:

HYBRID refers to motor swaps.

this is the brake forum. thats why it was moved here.

if you don't like my categorization, start your own board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back