Thinking out loud

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
Today is the great walkout, supposedly every illegal immigrant in America won't go to work, school, or buy anything in the country.... So I got to thinking

In protests that large in scope it's inevitable that someone will get injured, it's just gonna happen. Will they then NOT go to an American hospital? It's also the first of the month, will hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of illegals not be accepting their handout money today?

I mean if your gonna take a day off from America then take it all the way off. My money is on them only not using those things which are convenient for them. Convenience before doing what's right is already a major part of illegal immigrant culture after all...

So far, no difference.

I think it's funny that "the day without an immigrant" goes off and we discover that we don't need them at all.

Their fate is Sealed.

NASDAQ, S&P and DOW are all up, Commutes are shorter and Tom Tancredo writes:

A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant
An imaginary exercise.

By Tom Tancredo

What would a day without illegal aliens really be like? Let’s try to imagine it.

On May 1, millions of illegal aliens working in meat-processing plants, construction, restaurants, hotels, and other “jobs Americans won’t do†are supposed to stay home from work to show the importance of their labor to our nation’s economy. Doubtless, there will be some inconvenience if that happens, but there is another side to the story that is not being reported.

A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant 05/01

We are talking about illegal aliens, not mere “immigrants.†If legal immigrants stopped working for a day, we would miss the services of physicians, nurses, computer programmers, writers, actors, musicians, entrepreneurs of all stripes, and some airline pilots…as well as the CEO of Google. That would be more than an inconvenience, but it won’t happen because legal immigrants are not out marching angrily for rights that are already protected by our courts.

But if illegal aliens all took the day off and were truly invisible for one day, there would be some plusses along with the mild inconveniences.

Hospital emergency rooms across the southwest would have about 20-percent fewer patients, and there would be 183,000 fewer people in Colorado without health insurance.

OBGYN wards in Denver would have 24-percent fewer deliveries and Los Angeles’s maternity-ward deliveries would drop by 40 percent and maternity billings to Medi-Cal would drop by 66 percent.

Youth gangs would see their membership drop by 50 percent in many states, and in Phoenix, child-molestation cases would drop by 34 percent and auto theft by 40 percent.

In Durango, Colorado, and the Four Corners area and the surrounding Indian reservations, the methamphetamine epidemic would slow for one day, as the 90 percent of that drug now being brought in from Mexico was held in Albuquerque and Farmington a few hours longer. According to the sheriff of La Plata County, Colorado, meth is now being brought in by ordinary illegal aliens as well as professional drug dealers.

If the “Day-Without-an-Immigrant Boycott†had been held a year earlier on May 8, 2005, and illegal alien Raul Garcia-Gomez had stayed home and did not work or go to a party that day, Denver police officer Donnie Young would still be alive and Garcia-Gomez would not be sitting in a Denver jail awaiting trial.

If the boycott had been held on July 1, 2004, Justin Goodman of Thornton, Colorado, would still be riding his motorcycle and Roberto Martinez-Ruiz would not be in prison for killing him and then fleeing the scene while driving on a suspended license.

If illegal aliens stayed home—in Mexico, Guatemala, Brazil, and 100 other countries—the Border Patrol would have 3,500 fewer apprehensions (of the 12,000 who try each day).

Colorado taxpayers would save almost $3,000,000 in one day if illegals do not access any public services, because illegal aliens cost the state over $1 billion annually according to the best estimates.

Colorado’s K-12 school classrooms would have 131,000 fewer students if illegal aliens and the children of illegals were to stay home, and Denver high schools’ dropout rate would once again approach the national norm.

Colorado’s jails and prisons would have 10-percent fewer inmates, and Denver and many other towns would not need to build so many new jails to accommodate the overcrowding.

Our highway patrol and county sheriffs would have about far fewer DUI arrests and there would be a dramatic decline in rollovers of vanloads of illegal aliens on I-70 and other highways.

On a Day Without an Illegal Immigrant, thousands of workers and small contractors in the construction industry across Colorado would have their jobs back, the jobs given to illegal workers because they work for lower wages and no benefits. (On the other hand, if labor unions continue signing up illegal workers, no one will be worrying about Joe Six-Pack’s loss. Sorry, Joe, but you forgot to tell your union business agent that your job is as important as his is.)

If it fell on a Sunday, Catholic Churches in the southwestern states might have 20-percent fewer parishioners at Mass if all illegals stayed home, but they would be back next Sunday, so the bishop’s job is not in danger. The religious leaders who send people to the marches and rallies will never fear for their jobs, because illegal aliens need their special “human-rights†advocacy and some priests and nuns seem especially devoted to that cause. The fact that most Catholics disagree with the bishops’ radicalism doesn’t seem to affect their dedication to undermining the rule of law.

All of this might be a passing colorful episode in the heated national debate over immigration policy if it weren’t for an odd coincidence: The immigration-enforcement agency responsible for locating and deporting illegal aliens is also taking the day off today. Of course, they didn’t call it a boycott. It is just (non)business as usual.

—Tom Tancredo is a Republican congressman from Colorado.

Good ol' Tom the Tank

Quoted post[/post]]
OMG I'm feeling the effects already, look what it's doing to the stock market!

Quoted post[/post]]
General Motors stock has already fallen 10% this morning as sales of El Caminos around the country have literally crashed...
:worthy:
I fuckin spit RC all over myself.

I'm in Phoenix, and i went 26 miles on the freeway without using my brake pedal.. FIRST TIME I've EVER been able to do that here....EVER...So far this day kicks ass... they should take the rest of the week off.
Protest was going on down the street from my house too.

Quoted post[/post]]
You broke teh funnay.

And learn to spell, goddamn redneck.

Sorry I can't spell, never have been able to never will. I actually think it might be some kind of learning disability.

So anyways

I'm sitting here in my Dockers with my polo shirt on, behind my desk at my computer in my personal office (no partitions for me), looking down at my Gucci watch wondering if I'll have enough time to write this employee evaluation the boss just handed to me before I go home, and wondering why you called me a redneck....

:laugh:
my girlfriend saw 2 bus fulls of illegal immigrants getting deported. They were being rounded up at a local Vallarta Supermarket where most of them work. Now Vallarta has an ad in the newspaper looking to pay people top dollar to come work for them in any department.

Then today while I was on my lunch break a bunch of them were walking down a busy street as part of the boycott. One guy had a sign that said "Immigrants have rights too"...yeah right asshole, because I sure have rights too when I go to someone else's country :dry:...and get this, they were waving a Mexican flag...WTF, you love your country so damn much, then go back.

and for the record, I don't care wether or not they come into this country, all I ask is you either do it right or don't bitch when they want to send your ass back. My girlfriend just became a citizen like 2 years ago, her and her family did things the right way and now they have nothing to worry about.

My dicks bigger? teehee

On a more serious note however. I havnt noticed any changes here in Spokane. Which is weird because two hours south of Spokane there is an abundance of "shadow workers". Then agian we dont have an abundance of field work. We do however have alot of construction going on but the economy might be sound enough around here where the need for cheap labor isnt in such a high demand.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
You broke teh funnay.

And learn to spell, goddamn redneck.

Sorry I can't spell, never have been able to never will. I actually think it might be some kind of learning disability.

So anyways

I'm sitting here in my Dockers with my polo shirt on, behind my desk at my computer in my personal office (no partitions for me), looking down at my Gucci watch wondering if I'll have enough time to write this employee evaluation the boss just handed to me before I go home, and wondering why you called me a redneck....

Cause you broke teh funnay.

dont think cause you got an office you all big and bad. WHAT WHAT.

But, for the record, i AM a redneck.

office1.jpg

office2.jpg

office3.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
That's not an office, that's a conference room with a laptop on the table.

Well where's your office. Im the only one in there. We only have 3 actual offices on our floor, so ill take what i can get damnit.

Decent perk of the promotion :)

Why don't they just fire all those who skipped work and suspend those who skipped school?

I know my dad's been out of a job for a while.

"Get back inline."

Back