this ad is not spelled right

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jokerluv

Rockin da Z1 !!!!
japandomesticmotor.gif

Yeah, I have noticed that too. Maybe they are from Bahstan?

Lets go to the cah, my superchAger is runnin real nice tonite, we'll hit up the bah!

hehe

most people on the net are not english majors and dont care if they spell shit wrong.

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Oct 16 2003, 01:02 PM
most people on the net are not english majors and dont care if they spell shit wrong.

How old are you anyway? Actually, all adult Americans are expected to be able to know their own language well enough to spell and use grammar correctly. Spellcheck can be your friend. It's part of having that minimum high school level of education. I don't think too many people elect to major solely in English these days. With the high expense of college, most are practical and choose to study business, computer sciences, law and medicine. But with all of those majors, good English is what will help you get high grades in your class assignments.

Not caring about your English skills is a whole other matter. That's too bad, especially if English is your only language. Having good English skills is part of being able to communicate well. It is what helps you get a decent job and chosen over another applicant. It even can help attract a decent gf or bf over some ignorant loser type. Knowing all the latest hip slang my be cool, but you still need to know how to use English correctly.

But since this is only a message board... carry on as usual. :roll:

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Oct 16 2003, 12:02 PM

*cough cough* AHEM *cough cough*

english major tonyd0821 at your service....

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Oct 16 2003, 12:31 PM
most are practical and choose to study business, computer sciences, law and medicine.

english is one of the essential foundations of law.

guess i was not practical in college when i chose to study english. :lol:

i tried takin my degree to the English factory once i graduated, but they weren't hiring....

in my holy opinion, english and philosophy are two EXCELLENT majors to be in if you are planning to study law. philosophy = argumentation and debate (i.e. Stace's arguement about the nature of evil) English = (at least we hope it equals) being able to speak well, comprehend written material, and form effective arguements.

The main reason i majored in English was because it was a cakewalk. I never hardly went to the lectures, i just did the assignments.

If you can bullshit, you should major in English. I could slop out 6 page persuasive paper in a matter of a few short hours at the last minute before it was due and receive an A on it. Can you do that in math or biology? HELL NO.

Let me reframe that, a large majority of people that take part in Internet forums don’t give a rat’s ass what anyone thinks if they by chance spell something wrong. I am not here to judge people and call them an asshat if they make a typing error or a spelling mistake. I am here though to learn more about Hondas and to have a little fun by reading members corner.

To answer your question I am 25 years old and I have always had bad spelling and poor grammar. I have been working on it and have been improving greatly with in the past years. I am completely happy with my abilities and I don’t need every fuckstick to point out my errors.

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Oct 16 2003, 01:54 PM
Let me reframe that, a large majority of people that take part in Internet forums don’t give a rat’s ass what anyone thinks if they by chance spell something wrong. I am not here to judge people and call them an asshat if they make a typing error or a spelling mistake. I am here though to learn more about Hondas and to have a little fun by reading members corner.

To answer your question I am 25 years old and I have always had bad spelling and poor grammar. I have been working on it and have been improving greatly with in the past years. I am completely happy with my abilities and I don’t every fuckstick to point out my errors.

Okay. I only said what I did because I care about you guys. It's your choice and your life. By the way, try to always be learning things. It's good for your brain and it makes life way more interesting. Read too. Seeing words in context help greatly with remembering the correct spelling. Thinking about grammar is very tedious though. :)

This is also funny to me because earlier in the year, I was at ClubSi under an assumed name (that an admin had transferred over to me) so in trying to keep that identity a secret, I had a huge problem NOT sounding like me. I couldn't make myself "dumb down" my replies. I found it exceedingly difficult to misspell and ignore caps and lowercase keys. Haha.

A little fyi I wasn't calling you a fuckstick, that comment was aimed at people who are complete dicks about spelling errors.

I do read all the time, not books though mainly import magazines. I will improve more, all it takes is time and what i do for work i have a lot of it.

Remember that.

guess i was not practical in college when i chose to study english.

i tried takin my degree to the English factory once i graduated, but they weren't hiring....

in my holy opinion, english and philosophy are two EXCELLENT majors to be in if you are planning to study law. philosophy = argumentation and debate (i.e. Stace's arguement about the nature of evil) English = (at least we hope it equals) being able to speak well, comprehend written material, and form effective arguements.

The main reason i majored in English was because it was a cakewalk. I never hardly went to the lectures, i just did the assignments.

If you can bullshit, you should major in English. I could slop out 6 page persuasive paper in a matter of a few short hours at the last minute before it was due and receive an A on it. Can you do that in math or biology? HELL NO.

Aren't you always supposed to capitalize the first letter at the beginning of a new sentence? The same rule applies for the I's as well, does it not? I am not sure, I didn't major in English. ;)

Just fuckin' with you Tony. :worthy:

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 16 2003, 01:32 PM

Remember that.

guess i was not practical in college when i chose to study english. 

Aren't you always supposed to capitalize the first letter at the beginning of a new sentence? The same rule applies for the I's as well, does it not? I am not sure, I didn't major in English. ;)

Just fuckin' with you Tony. :worthy:

where do you want it?

the eye? :poke:
or the pooper? :moon:

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Oct 16 2003, 02:16 PM
A little fyi I wasn't calling you a fuckstick, that comment was aimed at people who are complete dicks about spelling errors.

I do read all the time, not books though mainly import magazines. I will improve more, all it takes is time and what i do for work i have a lot of it.

I realize that you weren't calling me that. :) And I agree with you on that one should never belittle someone for their faults or deficiencies. I just was protesting the attitude of this being only a message board, so sloppiness was acceptable. If anything, by just putting a little more effort in a post and using the preview button, hours of recreation can turn into a more productive experience.

It's how I view driving. No matter how long or short the journey, driving always gets my full attention and effort. Seeing people on the highway leaning with their elbows on the window sill and then resting their chin in their hand, well that makes me crazy. I want to yell at them "Pay attention there!" No way driving like that for miles and miles, are they looking in their mirrors and around them. Grrrr.

Let me reframe that, a large majority of people that take part in Internet forums don’t give a rat’s ass what anyone thinks if they by chance spell something wrong

i think the point is, if you are trying to sell something you should at least spell it right. i think that is an indicator of the quality of business if they can't spell check simple words. would you trust a NITRUS setup or a TUBO, i think i would rather buy a front mount intake. ha ha ha

Spelling errors and mistakes happen, it's not like I planned to make mistakes it just something that happens.

Spelling problems have no part in someone’s abilities to install nitrous or a turbo setup. That’s like saying if your bad at spelling your not going to accomplish anything in life.

Originally posted by khrisb@Oct 16 2003, 02:19 PM
Wait, I just woke up. What's spelled wrong? :sleep:

supercharger is spelled superchager, no r

nobody really cares about people spelling words wrong in forums. that's no big deal. it's all about the people trying to get my money from me for there products. if i was going to buy a supercharger, and two companies were the same price and product, i would go with the one who spelled it correctly. i just believe you should try to have everything perfect for an advertisement, or at least proofread it.

Back