This Girl Needs some help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mse006

I recently bought some halo projector headlamps for my 93 prelude. I have been searching and searching everywhere for instructions on how to take out the old one and install this one!!! Do I need to take off my bumper and if so how? Never modified my car this much and have NO idea how to do this!! Thanks for the help in advance!

1.) Go to Autozone/Advance/Murray's/Kragen's/whatever store you have in your area.

2.) Purchase Haynes/Chilton's manual for your car.

3.) Find chapter about headlight removal.

4.) READ.

Possible 5th step: A few months from now realize that Halo/"Angel Eye" headlights are gay and put your stockers back on, or better yet the JDM one-piecers.

Thanks for the comment..but after hours of searching I actually found the instructions online!

Thanks for the comment..but after hours of searching I actually found the instructions online!

Good work, but I'd still recommend getting a manual. Yeah, you could spend hours on end searching for instructions online everytime you need to know something about your car, OR, you could just suck it up, spend $15-$20 on a Haynes manual, and then have detailed instructions, with pictures, on how to tear pretty much any component of your car apart and put it back together. If you can afford aftermarket headlights then I'm pretty sure you can afford a Haynes or Chilton manual.

Just a suggestion. Take it for what it's worth.

Last edited:
comment on keeping stock headlights - how the heyell are we supposed to see jack at night with those things in? :) i went halo w/projectors and can *see* but would have chosen to keep stock lights if they didn't hold rain like a bucket and look 20 yrs old. oops, they were. have to say though unimpressed with the altezza rear..would love stock back there again.

Last edited:
What are you talking about?? The light output on stock headlights should be fine...ever notice how they've got that chrome color inside and have a bunch of different surfaces? The light from the bulb reflects off that chrome-colored multi-faceted housing to project light. You should be able to see fine with your stock lights, if not you might need to adjust them or put new bulbs in. And if you want your head lights to be brighter, an HID kit will do that better than some cheapo eBay "euro halo projector headlights." And as for "Altezza tails," it's 2007 buddy, the "Fast & Furious" look went out years ago. Put your stockers back on.

i'm talking about my 89CRXSi that was like having two dome lights for headlights w/stock assemblies (and yes, new bulbs, dimwit). i'm talking about driving that thing stock for 14 years.

i'm talking about wishing i could use my brights alllll the time because otherwise it felt like the only reason i had headlights at all was to let other people know i was on the road. i'm talking about having moisture build up fog up those fuckers every time it rained. and i'm talking about liking something even though you think it's ghey. nyeh. :)

fyi the 89 is still stock and i bought the 91 as-is with the projectors/altezzas. i'll keep the headlights coz i diggem. i'll ditch the altezzas because seriously, the reverse lights look like giant bedazzler rhinestones, wtf.

and i don't need crap from you about it, gimp ;)

dont install halos... get jdm headlights or those knock offs they got on ebay. halo are a big NO NO... :(:(:(

but then again each to its own, if you like it, do it.

Why don't you kids let this girl do whatever the heck she wants. Its HER car!

Why don't you kids let this girl do whatever the heck she wants. Its HER car!

That's very true. My main point was that she should buy some kind of maintenance manual so she doesn't have to spend hours and hours on the Internetz trying to figure out how to do something like remove a headlight.

Back