This has been the worst 24 hours.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
Ill tell you what... ebay is crap. Everyone on there (from a sellers perspective) is a scammer. I have done 3 sales within a month. #2&3 are from yesterday.

1.I was selling some legit passwords to battlefield 2, call of duty 2 and CS:S, because i am tired of the game. Guy buys it within a day and pays immediatly. Well I email him the passwords as i start to transfer the money into my account. He reverses the payment after i sent it, and there is nothing i could do.

2.I tried selling my Xbox 360 2 days ago for a conservative price, and get a bite within 1 day. Dude with no feedback buys it, and pays right away from a verified paypal. But he wants me to ship to an unconfirmed address. I email him to let him know i am not shipping till the payment clears. Welp no response and I check his feedback today... 3 paypal reversals but the dummies shipped the items to that unconfirmed address. I didnt fall for it... again :(

3. I sell a cellphone today... From a buy it now price. I then get the awful email. "Will you ship this to nigeria?" I immediatly am pissed. Not at the buyer, but the buyer's account that got jacked. He had 400+ positive feedback with no negatives at all. I sent the info to ebay, and they reset the password and alerted the seller.

3 sales... all scammers and still no money :( It is just a bummer that something that i used to use all the time has turned to shit... Kind of like my life :(

Now... the woman screwed me big time. I bought her a nice ass engagement ring and have been planning for a wedding for a while now. Well we come home from Hershey Park and she gets a shower. She sets her ring on the toilet and showers. She gets out and ... uses the toilet and flushes the toilet. She grabs her ring to put it on and drop it in the piss water and it flushes down the drain.

So i take the toilet up to see if it was caught in the trap. Well it wasnt so I called a plumber. He has a snake with a camera, but it costs $400 BUCKS! Screw that. Thanks 25% of what the ring costs and not to mention, if he doesnt find it... i still have to pay for it.

Next... (you got it... still more) I go to work today bummed about the ring. The boss pulls me in his office, and i am getting moved positions. To a better scheduled job, but less pay. Not too much less but i get commission now. So I lose 4100 a year but gain opportunities for alot more commission. So i dont want to move, but I have to.

Now my last shitty part isnt too bad. My insurance is going up for the car. Turns out they are re-evaluating the area and it is now a "higher risk" so i pay 200 bucks more a year. This day blows... But my iphone is still going strong problem free :)

/rant

@ebay: cancel bids from less than 10 feedback people. put it in your auction rules. Passwords, snail mail it and get a tracking number. that way when they do a reversal, you have proof that you sent it.

i use ebay all the time and never had any real issues with it. Maybe its the genre you are dealing with (games and cell phones) vs what i deal with (coins and stuff) and the stereotypical user of said genres.

woman f'ed up... if she wants a new ring, she should buy it herself. its not your fault shes irresponsible and "lost" it.

the job... loss in base pay sucks, but you might end up making more in the long run with commission.... 4100 a year in comission is not hard to break.

insurance- get a new quote from a new place.
try this place:

Auto Insurance Quotes from InsureMe
image-1928379-1519857

Hey, as a buyer, I've quit using ebay because the sellers are just as sheisty. I just decided not to use them anymore because there's no way you're ever going to get around all the people constantly trying to scam the hell out of you. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Also, I don't know why did your fiancee take her ring off? I wouldn't have taken it off for any reason, especially to put it on the toilet... Sucks man. :(

She is weird about getting soap in it. She heard soap may cause a diamond to fall out over time. She is buying a new one, she actually has a trustfund from her college graduation. So she will be cashing that in, when I find the exact same ring. I got it for dirt cheap, vs. what another 1.5ct diamond ring costs. They sell it in jewerly stores and an ex-girlfriend works there. She is going to order it for me. So it is what it is.

Appriciate the advice... I may just need a beer :)

Get her the ring, but this time have the jeweler switch out the diamond for CZ. Looks real, and unless she has it tested, she'll never know the difference. The ring gets flushed / lost / whatever, you're only out a hundred bucks for the gold band. If she ever has it tested and calls you on it, whip out the real diamond and explain the situation.

Its a little fucked up, but if My wife flushed her engagement ring, thats what I'd do.

wow.:ph34r:

One of a few reasons I'm not too fond of commission jobs. But, there is always potential.
I agree. the Baltimore area, blows for car insurance cause the area really isn't that great.

Nothing compared to Jack Bauer. :ph34r:

Seriously though, that sucks man... I hope things start to turn around for you.

And I've had nothing but problems with eBay as well, so you're not the only one.

If you get your diamonds from a reputable jeweler, the setting should be for life. I wore my first diamond ring (I got from my father) up until it wouldn't fit on my hand (17 years) and I never once had the diamond fall out. I wore my wedding set for 8 years (yea, I wore it before I was married) and it never fell out either. He bought me a fake 3 carat set about 2 years into it. Go figure that I took off the engagement ring (which was a real diamond) and lost it as a result. If I take the ring off, I know something is bound to happen. I'd say just leave it on. Phyregod - Don't give a woman false hope. When she takes it to a jeweler and has it appraised... she'll probably kill you. Although, Diamonique is so close... almost no one can tell. They have to dye the stone I guessYouKnowWhoIBee- Life will work itself out. Have a few drinks and just chalk it up to life being life. If you think your life is bad, go hang out at the cemetery. That should put things in perspective. ;) Hope things go better for ya!

If a woman took the diamond to the jeweler to have it appraised, she would have her bags packed and leaving. The amount should be of no significance to her.

As B said, check out another policy for the insurance. You might actually find that instead of spending an extra $200 a year, by doing a little research and expending some energy that you'll actually save $200 over your current policy.

As for commission, the purpose of commission is to pay workers based on their merits. Its a blessing that you'll receive commission, so long as the commission isn't capped. The opportunity to make far more money is available when you work on commission.

An industry study found that sales has the highest average paying jobs in the business field. Salespeople are the only people who generate revenue and as a result bring money into the company, therefore they usually receive some of the best compensation and are always in demand. Without sale, a company will fail. Food for thought.

As for the ring, make a promise to get another ring when money isn't tight. You can make a compromise of a nice band and a fake diamond and she'll probably still be happy.

..and sell the iphone, its an extra $600 that you don't need to spend. ;) Get a blackjack or something.

If a woman is told that she's getting something real and she's not, she's being lied to. If they can't make an agreement on a whether it's real or fake, I see your point. I was happy with my fake ring. I'm not into how expensive it is, I'm into how it looks. I liked the setting, cut, and the overall appeal of the set. I was just saying, if she eventually finds out that she doesn't have what he told her, she'd be pretty upset. Just like in the old milk commercial.

wait wait wait... your girl is going to buy a new ring while YOU pay off the old one? That isnt right. Woman lost it, if shes got money to buy a new one tell her to pay off the one SHE lost before she goes buyin another to lose...

Last edited:
materialistic bitches FTL

exactly. but look at it this way... if you were given a B18A by a shop but told it was a B18C, wouldn't you be a little pissed off too? Like I said, I was happy with a CZ ring. I didn't care... but if he'd lied to me and told me 'yeah, it's real' then it's like he's sitting there selling me on something just to make me happy when it wouldn't matter if he'd just told the truth. Either way... I don't even want a ring for an engagement present. I want new interior for the integra. :D

exactly. but look at it this way... if you were given a B18A by a shop but told it was a B18C, wouldn't you be a little pissed off too? Like I said, I was happy with a CZ ring. I didn't care... but if he'd lied to me and told me 'yeah, it's real' then it's like he's sitting there selling me on something just to make me happy when it wouldn't matter if he'd just told the truth. Either way... I don't even want a ring for an engagement present. I want new interior for the integra. :D

There would be NO REASON to ever ask or have the diamond appraised.

If I were with a girl who that sort of thing was important to and not the love that the ring was symbolic of, her things would be packed by the time she came back from the jewelers.

In my mind, there's absolutely no justification that warrants a fiance having an engagement ring assessed, on her own, for the sole person of finding out what the diamond is worth.

Think it of this way, if I would be upset about being told I was getting one engine and I got another, I would be equally as upset thinking that I was choosing a woman who truly cared about me, and only me, as opposed to one that was worried about the size of the diamond.

My father sold almost all of his music gear, when he was a young, dumb kid, to buy a ring for my mother. It may not be a million dollar ring, but that isn't the point, its symbolic of his commitment, through the sacrifices he was willing to make, for my mother.

I always considered 'engagement ring shopping' a two person deal. :shrug2: I guess it's an agreement when you buy it. I never had my jewelery appraised because I was there when it was purchased. Aside from the ones given to me, but even then, I have no need to get them apparaised. In certain cases, when things are lost or stolen, someone needs to know the appx value so it can be replaced. However, I guess what I said got confused. I was merely stating that if he buys her something fake but doesn't tell her, he's misleading her. Which in my eyes, is unfair. Not just in a ring sense. In any case being misled is never good.Personally, I don't even think you have to sacrifice anything or even HAVE a ring to be committed or get married to symbolize committment. If you're going to be with someone forever, you don't HAVE to get married. I appreciate the stories you're telling me, though, and understand what it means to some people. Personally, I don't 'need' or even WANT all that. Some women do. That's just a fact. I think most of that is because I had it all that way, the ring, the wedding (the ring wasn't big and the wedding wasn't either) and I ended up divorced. I think I got over all that and decided if it happens later, it does, but I'm not staking my whole relationship on one day getting a big rock and having a big wedding. I'd rather that happen when we can happily afford it and not have to sacrifice anything... if we get married at all.EDIT: In short, TB, I'm agreeing with you. There is no need for her to go out on her own to find out how much her ring is worth.

Last edited:
sorry bout your bad day, since i tried selling the scion i know am getting emails saying that they are buying something from me even though i have nothing to sell and if you do anything incluiding reporting it they steal your password

Back