this (*(&&%(&^$ing swap is pissing me off! Tranny and clutch problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

OK this swap is pissing me off! one i had an oil leak had to take the timing belt off and all that to get the seal, fine got it in there all good, now we can't get the car to go in gear. it only goes into gear with the motor off, i bleed the line twice, changed the secondary cylinder and still the same stuff the clutch has no miles so the clutch is still good! what could it be? is it possible that we put that clutch fork on wrong? or the throw out bearing wrong? i am so clueless right now!

as much as it sucks you may have put the throwout bearing in wrong or possibly didn't line it up correctly. if there is enough fluid in the line and when you depress the pedal the slaqve cylinder moves, the only thing i can think of is something internal.

Wow, that sucks having to pull it back out. Might as well have swapped two cars.

Oh well, glad you found the problem, good luck getting it going!

p.s. If you havent already, DO replace your throw out bearing while you are in there. Its cheap insurance, and most people do the clutch/pp/throwout when doing clutches anyway.

phyregod said:
Wow, that sucks having to pull it back out. Might as well have swapped two cars.

Oh well, glad you found the problem, good luck getting it going!

p.s. If you havent already, DO replace your throw out bearing while you are in there. Its cheap insurance, and most people do the clutch/pp/throwout when doing clutches anyway.
i picked up the whole kit new pilot and throw out bearing and clutch and pressure plate i will have it in tomorrow i hope!

Back