This is a load of crap....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nah, I can work at MCD, I just didn't want to submit myself to that. I was a manager at MCD when I was16 and probably could get that position back, but again, they're gonna start me off at minimum wage which is such an insult to m yself.

I'll see what I can do though.

No offense but Beggers can't be choosers. I would take minimum wage in order to have a place on my resume that would give me a good reference down the road. Minimum wage sucks but it is something. People are kind of like homeowners selling a house, sometimes they have an over inflated value of what they are/their home is worth - especially these days.

If a job at MCD making min wage would keep you from violating probation, then I think it would be a stupid decision not to try to get it. I doubt that if you talk to your p.o. that they would allow you a certain amount of time to get a new job.

find out when the next civil service exams are gonna be in your area

pension and benefits

I'm worth 8 bucks an hour, even as a felon . I just don't want to accept 7.15, if I have to I will.

Sure my PO is gonna give me some extra time.

I'm thinking about going back and working for my pops, it's easy work and decent pay, just a lot of extra bullshit since my dad is my boss that way.

I don't think I can work at any of the civil service jobs, I have that felony and old drug charges.

i wouldn't work for my dad either. unless i really had to. but if thats what it takes to get some cheese in your pocket and the p.o. of your back, it's a no brainer.

seems to be that you want to stay out of trouble but not willing to make sacrifices in order to do so.

you may be worth more than minimum wage, but your felony says otherwise.
its not what you feel you are worth, its what employers think your worth.

and a felony takes you down a notch.

and 7.15, your worried over .85cents and hour?
.85 cents is enough to keep you from getting a job and going to jail?
doesnt scale out to me. im not saying take the job and stay there forever, suck it up and get the damn job and look for something else, all the while staying out of jail.
shit, come down here minimum wage is something like 5.40 an hour, cant remember exactly what it is, but its under 6.

No I understand what your saying. I'm worth a whole lot more then 8 bucks an hour, I just through out a number.

I'd probably go work for papadukes before MCD, pay is almost double but I have to deal with him and the commute.

do you have a car? Do Pizza Delivery

it sounds dumb but it's a stress less job and you make decent tips with your min wage (like $50/night)

Honestly I've always said if I were rich and had to have a part time job, and it could be whatever I wanted I'd deliver Pizza. It's slacking off and driving and people give you free money to do it.

win/win/win/fucking win

Last edited:
I'd have to buy a junker cause my Civic already has way too many miles on it for being an 07 and I'm pretty sure it requires a license in the state you work in. I live in NJ but I have a PA license, and I can't get a NJ licensee

i've gotten pizza from dudes with out of state plates before....

don't go to a chain like pizza hut/dominoes... go to Bob's pizza.

do you have a car? Do Pizza Delivery

it sounds dumb but it's a stress less job and you make decent tips with your min wage (like $50/night)

Honestly I've always said if I were rich and had to have a part time job, and it could be whatever I wanted I'd deliver Pizza. It's slacking off and driving and people give you free money to do it.

win/win/win/fucking win

Driving pizzas is done for the passion of it. I default to pizza delivery (Not so much with the bike, but I did talk to a guy to see if I could) . It makes shit money nowadays with gas the way it is.

Fucking people tip you $2 to drive their meal to their house. Fuck them.

I had a part time job for a company called Steak Xpress in Texas

it was like a steakhouse, but it was takeout or delivery only, it had prices about like Chilli's. people tip well when they buy steak

BTW B I delivered for Pizza Hut and it was awesome

the difference between Pizza Hut and Bob's Pizza is at Pizza Hut you'll deliver 4 pizza's an hour, with Bob's you'll deliver two

Last edited:
you dont even have to go to joe schmoes pizza. i worked at pizza hut and i was out of state PH in WV, plates and lic in MD. they didnt care at all.

Here's the harsh reality that none of your buddies on Hondaswap will tell you;

You aren't worth more than minimum wage. You may have too much pride and think you are worth more than the minimum standard but you have proven otherwise. Your conviction has said the exact opposite of what a college degree dictates.

First, we'll start with what a college degree says. A college degree says that you're committed to a goal. You're willing to accept the challenges and dedicate your efforts, for two to four years, to accomplish an ultimate goal. You work within the confines of society's system and follow the path that society has outlined. You're at least somewhat reliable, trustworthy, and responsible to have set out and earned a college diploma.

Now by being a convicted felon you have essentially made the statement that you will not work within the confines of the system. You'll break society's rules either for your own personal benefit or simply because you choose to take another path that society does not deem as acceptable. Therefore you're a liability on the books of an employer. How is an employer to trust that you won't steal from the company? If your past history is the best indicator of future behavior, what have you shown an employer? Exactly, that you'll lie, cheat, steal, and break the rules. You are also a liability because you have been in legal trouble numerous times.

Explain to me how, from a business perspective, it would be beneficial to invest in an unreliable person? You may be saying to yourself, now, "I'm reliable." To that I say, if you cannot keep yourself from being incarcerated on numerous occasions, how then would an employer reasonably expect you to regularly be at work? If you're in and out of jail, certainly you won't be at work everyday. Smart business people are only willing to invest the absolute minimum in workers that have tarnished records. It would be foolish to outlay a significant chunk of time and money to train an employee, only to find them to be stealing from the company or incarcerated.

There are numerous workers out there that do not have the black marks on their record that you have that can only achieve minimum wage jobs. Currently you are at the bottom tier of society, quit fooling yourself.

You're entitled to your opinion.

You also are not taking into account that I'm 20 and have every intention of going to school..... but I need to be able to pay for my expenses as it goes.

It's great and all that 90% (or whatever the figure is) of Americans can go without having that black mark on there jacket, but I'm not one of them. So I am facing reality and I have to take it for what it is. Your negativity is useless, cause I have to make it positive one way or another.

Even being a convicted felon and being within that XX% of society who have black marks on their jacket, I've been able to land $14/hr+ jobs numerous times. Keeping them, well that's another story, regardless of the reasoning, it means I'm still worth more than minimum wage.

The people without black marks on their record who can't obtain minimum wage jobs have poor communication skills or lack the resources.

You're not an easy person to converse with and you're very arrogant so I'm just gonna end our convo right here with letting you know I WILL prevail in my job search as well as life.

Back