This Is For All My Asain Niggaz !

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
ok. i like rice, not the car but the actual food "rice"

back in high school, i used to hang out with a grip of koreans
and whenever i went over to their houses, their parents had a rice cooker.

thats the only type of rice i like. its like white, sticky and puffy and goes
good with seaweed.

can anyone tell me where to get the sticky white rice the koreans or asians use?
im sick of paying 7.00 for a friggen beef bowl just to eat the rice.
and if i eat that unlce bens or san francisco treat shit one more time
im going to hurl

and where do they usually carry the rice? what store? :D

are you talkng about sticky rice that you roll into a ball and eat? you have t buy gelatinous or gulatinous ricei dont know the spelling. soak it in water then steam it.

Originally posted by lsvtec hatch93@Apr 28 2003, 02:30 PM
are you talkng about sticky rice that you roll into a ball and eat? you have t buy gelatinous or gulatinous ricei dont know the spelling. soak it in water then steam it.

YES. i love that rice.

do i have to goto an asian store to get it? or will.....albertsons or whoever carry it?

and does it HAVE to be cooked in a rice cooker? or can i boil it?

No you don't have to go to an Asian store. You want short grain rice as opposed to long grain. I can get it at Albertsons here. It will work fine on the stove. You cook it the same way you do long grain.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 28 2003, 01:42 PM
refrain from putting "niggaz" in the topic of threads. lol.

Why? I thought we were equal opportunity offenders here at HS. Chinks, gooks, wops, spics, krauts, towelheads, we've got them all. :lol:

try Fiesta if they have it where you live. Food from all around the world. If not just go to whatever serves as a Little China in your city and hit up those little corner marts you see a bunch of locals hittin up.

Originally posted by machine@Apr 28 2003, 02:05 PM
try Fiesta if they have it where you live. Food from all around the world. If not just go to whatever serves as a Little China in your city and hit up those little corner marts you see a bunch of locals hittin up.

Read a couple of posts up:
No you don't have to go to an Asian store. You want short grain rice as opposed to long grain. I can get it at Albertsons here.

Most chain grocery stores will carry it.

likbefore its a special kind of rice called gluten or somthing similar to that. it has to be steamed not boiled. boiling will ruine it. put it in a bamboo basket over boiling water to cook it

If that is so, then why does short grain rice work fine on the stove for me? My girlfriend and I have made rice balls and Oni Giri with rice cooked on the stove. When she was in Japan last summer they just used a rice cooker. If you have the money and eat a lot of rice, one of these ia great investment, but you don't have to go through the trouble of steaming it.

put water into a bigger pot over the stove, and at first soak the white rice....then steam it..pretty much put it into a nother pan and place THAT over the bigger pot with water...walla steamed rice

I cant belive we are posting about cooking on a car site :lol:

Anyways, I use basmati rice, can buy it at alot of places, costco had it once. Put 2 cups of that, water (forgot off hand the amount) and a little butter (to keep it seperated) and put in the microwave on low for 20 or so minutes. Makes great streamed rice (however, not very sticky)

Back