This is for all the peoples cars that sputter and hesitate!!&#

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondatuner88

Yesterday I was messing around with my car...it did studder and carry on only when the motor was warm...fine when cold...I been trying to figure this out for the longgggggest time (4-5 months to be exact!) I got new plugs,cap,rotor,used dizzy,used injectors,new fuel filter,new wires,countless times of fuel treatment...it all didnt fix the problem....sooooo I left my car running till it acted up...then went to the EGR valve and lifted up under neat it...It made the same sound it does as its in 2000-3000 rpms...Now...i pulled off the vac line going to it and it runs perfect...a lil boucey idle when I come to a stop...Now...my question is...is my EGR shot?? Emissions around here dont happen...so can i take it off some how?? I also noticed I get better gas mileage now also...How much they go for (an EGR valve)???? Any help would be awesome...But if ur a guy like me and was stumped on something dumb...check your EGR valve if you got one!!!!

lol....youre about a week behind...i figured it out last week.

if you take off the EGR it still doesnt fix the problem. you gotta replace the valve and/or the solenoid...thats about 150 bucks in parts and it only takes about 20 minutes to fix.

didn't you say you had a B16? B16's don't have EGR's. EGR stands for Exhaust Gas Recirculator or something along those lines so there shouldn't be ANY vacuums lines that go to it. Are you sure you are calling it the correct name?

no no no I dont got a b16 yet...I got a D16 for the winter...untill winters outa here im dropping in a b16...but i also disconnected the vacuum line that goes to the egr and it works fine...it just sucked pulling out on a steeppppp hill when it hesitates and dont go no where....now its driveable till winters over...also would a b16 make my car move a lot faster?? I know its a dumb ass question but...i want something thats fast for cheap...ya know???

and reikoshea...I dont go on here much ne more...So how would I know?? Should have PMed me like you said you would

and when I do put the b16 in...what do I do with the ERG connector on the harness and the soinoid mounted on the firewall?? Because I plan on using my engine harness. Its a 94 VX...

Like would it be a good short distance street racer?? with some bolt ons like...intake, exhaust, headers, maybe cams or something...would I be pleased with it for now untill we can boost the shit outa it??

Quoted post[/post]]
what do I do with the ERG connector on the harness and the soinoid mounted on the firewall?? Because I plan on using my engine harness. Its a 94 VX...
are you sure you are not looking at your MAP Sensor? I know some 92-95 civics had them on the Throttle Body but I had a friend who had a 93 and his was on the firewall.

Back