This is my day, no lie.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

My insurance company dropped me. I paid for the months of November and December at the end of November.

I paid rounded to the nearest $100, which put my account $36 in the positive.

They dropped me, I call up and asked why. The answer was simple:

I haven't paid December's bill. Here is an excerpt:

"Sir, we have cancelled your policy because you have not paid for December's coverage"

"What do I owe for December?"

"Actually sir, we owe you $36 which we have sent you in the mail."

"Ok.. But why am I being cancelled?"

"Because you have an outstanding balance of negative $36"

"Ummm... That's money you owe me, right?"

"Yes, we are sending it back"

"So tell me again why you're cancelling me?"

"Sir, I'm not going to go in circles about this. You have a cancellation notice because you haven't paid your December bill"

"But... am I going to send you a check for negative $36?"

"You can't do that sir, we aren't renewing your policy until you pay for December"

"What do you want me to pay for December?"

"You can't pay us anything, we owe you $36 which we have sent in the mail!"

This went on for a LONG time with the supervisor getting involved and yelling at me for talking in circles.

So anyway, They dropped me. So I'm not paying $500 a year for insurance anymore.

I'm signing up with Progressive for $1650 a year. That puts me in a shitty mood.

But it gets better.

I'm downstairs this morning ordering my breakfast, and the kid behind the counter says "Hey, I applied for a job at your company and had an interview. I turned the job down"
"O rly?" I said "What was the job?"
"Working phone support for one of their companies in North Carolina. it's 40 hours a week but it's $10 an hour and I laughed at them. I'm not doing that for $10 an hour, no way they're on crack."
"What specifically is this job?"
"They said I would direct calls through the call center, close tickets and manage their ticket queues."
"That's my job."
"What do you mean ? Did they promote you?"
"No, I'm a consultant"
"Oh. Well you might wanna look into that"
"Yeah.. I should."

So today I'm staying quiet and banging out tickets left and right. And they are being very vague with me, I hear my name of the cubicle walls and they are passing tickets through me to the guys in North Carolina. They aren't making themselves available to talk. They are talking to me about me making a report everynight about what I did during the day.

Where do you see this going ?

I think that may be the point, they're not off-shoring, they're in-shoring the job to a poorer area and paying them less..or so i think

Quoted post[/post]]
shit canned twice in one day???

and please tell me you are making more than $10 an hour...

hahah.. yeah.. I'm making shit, but I'm ok for the commute (Which is why I took the job). It's $20 an hour for now. They want me to work for them permanently, but they want me to sign a piece of paper that I won't quit. They haven't given me an offer yet, they want me to sign first.

They have to pay my firm $20,000 to hire me, so they want to make sure I'll stick around. The people in level 1 get paid $10 an hour. I am titled and hired as Level 3. During the meeting where they discussed my attitude (I have a bright cheery attitude) they also made mention that they felt that as a consultant I would run the moment I got a better offer.

At that point, I knew they were going to ultra-low ball me. Plus, my bosses are women and they make a second income in their households. The director is less than 90k a year and my boss is like.. $35k a year. And there is no way someone will hire another right out of the box at a higher rate. So I was thinking they were going to top out at $16 an hour. Which sucks for my history, but I can't be a whore and demand more money (Anyone watch "Look ho's coming to dinner" episode of The Boondocks? Crystale ran after her pimp because when it came down to it, the money was too good. And that's me if I turn this down)

But $10 an hour ? I physically can NOT go from $60k to $40k to $22k in a matter of 1 year. Can't happen. The $40k dive was enough. I don't have money in my bank and that kills me.

But yeah, they are squeezing me out now and trying to replace me with a kid who works in the cafeteria. I must make this shit look easy.

-> steve

We'll see if the new guy can administer 14 Exchange boxes, 6 AD ou's and over 14,000 users.

I think their offer to me was going to be $10 an hour. In which case I couldn't take it if I wanted it - That's not enough to come close to paying my bills. So the Pimp gets me back AGAIN.

I just got on the preliminary list for the Challenger. :)

I needed to make myself happy.

I also won the lotto. $4. go me.

The plus side is my raise showed up on this check. I now have an extra bit of cash laying around... anyone got a stock P28 or P30 they will let go for 130 shipped?

yeah but why bother when you can have your cake and eat it too for the same price?

so first you ask if someone can find something for you, and then when someone does find it, you claim you want to do it on your own.

make up your mind.

You missed the point when he said that he wants a stock ecu, so he can socket himself so as to not ruin the one in his car. So he will pay more, but be rewarded in learning the process of chipping. :wink:

Quoted post[/post]]
You missed the point when he said that he wants a stock ecu, so he can socket himself so as to not ruin the one in his car. So he will pay more, but be rewarded in learning the process of chipping. :wink:

:werd:

Anyway, I found one for 120 shipped. I just gotta get a hold of the guy.

LOL. i still don't get that about your insurance company. is it just me or does that not make any sense? why would they drop you if they owed you money?

Quoted post[/post]]
LOL. i still don't get that about your insurance company. is it just me or does that not make any sense? why would they drop you if they owed you money?

I over paid in November. They entered me in as having December + $35 in the bill. Then, when December actually came by, didn't pay the bill. They dropped me because the line for payment in December was empty (I paid double in November)

Report their asses to the BBB, and tell the supervisor that his employees as well as himself are morons and should be Darwinized.

I have a case being reviewed at the state insurance watchdog.

For now, my new insurance, while low on benefits (And for one car) is $404 per year. It lacks the comp and goodies. I never get stingy on my liabilities.

Back