this is odd...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Here are pics of the swap..

swappic2.JPG

Do you have a link to a thread talking about the setup?

Dude.. Ok I gotta stop.. Your a cool person so I will stop.. Its a Hoax.. We did it as a joke to play on someone here local and it just blew up all over the net (our videos have a history of doing that).. We are awesome at Video editing and also Photoshop.. Sometimes we even fool ourselves..

:lmao:

Well, it certainly did seem like it was outrunning the TA and the 3000GT. I don't really know what the Suzuki and Isuzu engines look like, so I wouldn't really know about the engine bays either. I was more interested in the Suzuki -> Isuzu transplant. :)

Yeah Kyle did an awesome Job with that Video.. The dude with the LS1 was real cool and let us use his car as a test subject for doing that kinda video.. I must say it was well worth the effort of doing it for all the people on that board to get their panties in a bunch..

Originally posted by Calesta@Nov 12 2004, 12:22 AM
Well, yeah- the Suzuki 1.3 turbo comes from the exact same chassis as the Geo Metro, considering that the Metro is really a rebadged Suzuki Swift. I was talking about that Geo Storm. The Storm is an Isuzu Impulse. If it's running a Suzuki engine, I'd like to learn more about the setup. I suspect that it's got a turbo Impulse RS engine under the hood, not a Suzuki engine.
[post=415671]Quoted post[/post]​

Suzuki never made a 1.3L turbo. They made a 1.3L DOHC 16V four cylinder that made 100 HP, NA, but never turbocharged it. They DID, however, make a turbo 1.0L, which was just the 998cc three cylinder six valve SOHC with MPFI and the smallest turbo ever built.

And why would you put a 1.3L engine in a car that comes with a 1.6 or a 1.8?

Originally posted by CarAudiophile+Nov 12 2004, 03:03 PM-->
Yeah Kyle did an awesome Job with that Video.. The dude with the LS1 was real cool and let us use his car as a test subject for doing that kinda video.. I must say it was well worth the effort of doing it for all the people on that board to get their panties in a bunch..
[post=415975]Quoted post[/post]​

Ah, ok. Totally staged then. :)

Loco Honkey
@Nov 13 2004, 07:51 PM
Suzuki never made a 1.3L turbo. They made a 1.3L DOHC 16V four cylinder that made 100 HP, NA, but never turbocharged it. They DID, however, make a turbo 1.0L, which was just the 998cc three cylinder six valve SOHC with MPFI and the smallest turbo ever built.

Sorry man. I meant a 1.3L with a turbo added onto it. :p I would like the 1.0L turbo engine to just play around with, since I'm fascinated by tiny engines that make gobs of power. :lol:

And why would you put a 1.3L engine in a car that comes with a 1.6 or a 1.8?
[post=416512]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah no shit.

Originally posted by Calesta@Nov 13 2004, 11:27 PM
Sorry man. I meant a 1.3L with a turbo added onto it. :p
[post=416571]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, in the spring time, I'll be unleashing Project Li'l Bish. Delays, the AllTrac, and several bowel movements kept me from doing ANYTHING to it since May, but things are coming together nicely now. :)

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Nov 14 2004, 12:12 AM
Well, in the spring time, I'll be unleashing Project Li'l Bish. Delays, the AllTrac, and several bowel movements kept me from doing ANYTHING to it since May, but things are coming together nicely now. :)
[post=416587]Quoted post[/post]​

Awesome. After I heard about the durability of the Suzuki 1.3L, I've wanted to pick up a Metro and boost it to scare some people. :)

you sure there is no stock 1.3 t in a swift rally edition? i was told there def is a complete swap witha turbo.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Nov 14 2004, 01:28 PM
They're pretty stout, but they don't have forged internals like you hear everyone saying.
[post=416715]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh... now I'll have to just get one and pull it apart myself. :p

Back