This is strange

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok i tried that but it didnt fix anything. the reverse lights still work too. on the instructions it says that i could tap into the first O2 sensor, so i think i might try doing that and reconnecting whatever was previously in position C8. what do you think?

Ya you can try that ,damn it all because its and HF mine is an Si i dint have that prob

TRY i hope it fixies it

HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!! with my 91 HF!!! well for some reason it does that only with the HFs...and what you have to do is wire the brake lights directly from the tranny wire...

haha sorry not brake light DUH!!! reverse lights...

Originally posted by arpee79@Sep 28 2003, 03:55 PM
Ya you can try that ,damn it all because its and HF mine is an Si i dint have that prob

TRY i hope it fixies it

hf and si wire harness are almost identical. Its just one thing that i forgot that seperates the 2. Either way if its an hf or an si....we would probably see the same problems as the hf if we did the same mistake as he did.

ok which wire is that on the ecu? if i disconnect that wire from the ecu, will it fix my problem? then all i have to do is directly wire the tranny to the reverse lights? thanks a lot man, i was hopin someone with an hf would help me out
it is driving me crazy and any help is great thanks :worthy:

sorry for being persistent, but i need to know if anybody has done a b16 swap in a 91 CRX hf and if they have had the same problem with thier wiring...

MAn sorry i couldnt be of much help i see you still got the prob

yeah no problem man, yeah i really need to figure out what is goin on with the reverse light wiring, it is hard as hell to find anything on the net that tells me abut the hf swap.

OK finally, for anyone who has to do a b16 swap into a 91 crx hf, when you put in the vtec 2nd o2 and knock sensor wiring, cut the b9 wire. The wire at B9 corresponds to a reverse light switch that was only present in hf's not in si's. Once you cut the B9 wire, verything should be alright. here are some links to the ecu wiring pinouts for those who may want to check them out:

http://www.mobstyle.com/crx/ecu_pinouts2.asp

http://www.hondata.com/techwiringpw0.html

Thanks for anyone that helped, but sometimes it pays to doi a little research of your own.

Back