this is what happens when....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hoophype84

If anyone ever wondered what would happen if you run your car without oil...I can tell through my own experimentation, that you need to get a new engine. so i dont recommend it. so i figure since i have to get a new engine, mine as well get a faster one. the shop i went to esimated me at $3k for a complete b20 swap...and i think that includes and manual changeover from my automatic 99 civic EX. is this a good price? also, would a b18b changeover be cheaper?

sorry, i went back to try to correct my original post so it would notify me when i got a reply...i was hoping it wouldnt post it twice..a million plus 1 apologies

may I ask what you were hoping to prove by running your motor without oil?

well, i didnt know i was running it without oil, the light didnt come on and i didnt smell anything funky...sorry for trying to be humerous

dude motor needs oil, I check mine at every gas fill up, if you do it enough, it turns to be a habit

i dont know how i ended up with no oil...but sh*t happens..anyways...i also recently thought of getting another d series motor (since they must be extremely inexpensive) and...adding a turbo...o yea, i said turbo...but maybe no one likes this idea...

Originally posted by hoophype84@Apr 18 2004, 10:32 PM
i dont know how i ended up with no oil...but sh*t happens..anyways...i also recently thought of getting another d series motor (since they must be extremely inexpensive) and...adding a turbo...o yea, i said turbo...but maybe no one likes this idea...

if you are not in the habit of habitually checking your oil level....

i would NOT advise boosting a "d" series :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back