This is why you start out on weak bikes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I agree that the center up exhausts arre a bit too stylized on the new bikes. The one on the R1 looks the most hideous IMO, a pair of huge a$$holes if you ask me.. It just looks fat...sorry nis but that is the last literbike I would see myself on. The old ones look better. But the centerup exhusts do serve a purpose, E; all the manufacturers are stuck on this moi thing, and the more symetry about the roll axis, the better. plus it allows for a better lean angle. I am a personal fan of the dual high mounts that go on the rc51 and the tl1000r though. They look they own all. I think I'll just get one of those, and stop thinking all this madness about zx10r's and whatnot. But I just read an article on the new gsxr750....mmmmmm.

He should have let the bike go, the correction was what fucked him. He was about to go into a pretty harmless slide (for him, not the bike). Don't go dragging knees through the mountains unless you have the rubber. Used to see this all of the time in the mountains when I lived in NC. The pea gravel and silt in the corners took people out right and left.

I started out on a beater Kawasaki when I was 15, moved up to a CBR F2 after that. Get a 500 dollar bike you won't cry over if you drop it. when starting. The 600 was plenty of bike for me back then. I'll be shopping for another 600 when the time comes. These 1000cc bikes are just overkill for the street IMO. The above quote of the riders that have fallen and those who will is as true as it gets. I don't want to be, nor do I want someone else to be, having that day doing 205 mph. The 600-750's are more nimble and well balanced anyway. Back when I had the F2, the roomie bought a ZX-11 back when that ruled the roost. God that thing was scary in the corners. The F2 used to wear it out in the turns. On the straights....you might as well have been sitting still when he came by.

yep. honestly, for 99.998% of riders, a 1000 vs. 600 wont matter much. to honestly push the 1000 beyond what the 600 can do, aside from a top speed run, you've gotta have a deathwish, psycotic and lots of years experience. to even push a 600 to its limits takes some serious testicular fortitude. and i mean a real rider, not just someone that wheelies/stunts and shit. i seriously, if i were to do it over again, ida bought a small bike and learned that way rather then having my "fall" at some retarded speed with 3 digits.

Back