This just popped in my head.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Dec 16 2004, 01:11 PM
???
[post=433136]Quoted post[/post]​

dead-sega will never again make a game console- and will stick to the software side of things- nintendo first whooped their ass- now they have xbox , and sony to compete with- they said fuck it -tho i liked dreamcast the only console the games came completly free to me -gota love gdrom hackable to fit into my regular cdrs rather than a dvdrom- cost to much to burn ps2 games

Crappy games. Lack of good developers. Almost nonexistant market support. In all respects, DC was Sega's last hurrah. And it wasn't powerful enough.

I think in part is was that people like b204dr were so easily pirating games. Also there was a huge proliferation of DC piracy in asia. Beyond that, i dont know why it was canned (aside from being obviously unprofitable). It was a revolutionary system, with VMUs, online ability, and expansion features (microphone, keyboard mouse etc). Games were good too. Of note were the massive number of sprite based fighters (tons of capcom support), Shenmue 1 and 2 (just about my favorite franchise) seaman, the sonic games, phantasy star online, among others. It made me sad to hear of them canning the DC, at least in part because i knew that the shenmue series would flounder from there.

i like there controlers.... i think the main reason is why they went under is 32x and saga cd big flops

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Dec 16 2004, 10:55 AM
i like there controlers.... i think the main reason is why they went under is 32x and saga cd big flops
[post=433171]Quoted post[/post]​

That and flooding the market with consoles instead of games. I think in the years where saturn was still out, Sega was actively supporting like 6 different platforms? Something crazy like that. They stretched themselves too thin, and then drew their last breath (Dreamcast).

Actually no.... it was all mismanagement in the upper ranks. The Dreamcast was actually a damn good piece of equipment for its time- hell I still play mine- but they lost too much money on it. Sega decided to drop the hardware business in 2001 and only make games. They're much better off now.

In the meantime, I'll continue on my search for ALL the DC games ever made. There's something like 970 total, and I've got a little over 450... so I'm halfway there.

:lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 16 2004, 01:12 PM
Actually no.... it was all mismanagement in the upper ranks. The Dreamcast was actually a damn good piece of equipment for its time- hell I still play mine- but they lost too much money on it. Sega decided to drop the hardware business in 2001 and only make games. They're much better off now.

In the meantime, I'll continue on my search for ALL the DC games ever made. There's something like 970 total, and I've got a little over 450... so I'm halfway there.

:lol:
[post=433192]Quoted post[/post]​

at its time it was the shiznat...all of the 1 yr when ps2 didnt come out yet

it was the cornerstone for other game systems -none others came out with modems until later time noticing the growing demand for it - none other had the keyboard feature for the time as stated but now the newer demand - i think if sega was still around they would once again set out for a new benchmark- they were the first to move to cd's even tho sega saturn sucks ( i think it was saturn- or what was the name of the first cd game system)

yea segacd- i remember the marky mark and the funky bunch video game for it lol

Originally posted by b204dr@Dec 16 2004, 11:25 AM
i didnt own the dc till after sega went outta buisness so it didnt matter hehe
[post=433152]Quoted post[/post]​

me too. it was a great system. first system that was online.
also, the football games looked and played great.
my favorite game was Soul Calibur.
Calesta, remind me later to check on which burned Dreamcast games I still have. I couldn't sell them all when I auctioned my system on eBay.

CALESTA i have guilty gear x for it still i got like 5 or so games still scratch free lol -burned of course

I remember playing that worthog came, sonic or wahtever on SEga... fun times fun times.

Back