this makes no sense!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it will wear prematurely, but toe + camber is what eats up tires. Toe set is whats adjustable without use of aftermarket products

I saw that quite a while ago. Never realized he was only talking about 3 degrees tho. Factory spec on my car is 2. And obviously toe factors into tire wear on any car.

The problem is most of these guys are lowering their cars like 2-3 inches causing -15+ degree camber.

It also depends on the type of suspension you have too.

stuff like macpherson struts don't gain camber angle as the compression tract goes. ie, at oem or -3 inches, its still the same camber angle to the ground.

this is where dual wishbone has the advantage, in that as it compresses, it gains camber angle and thus improves the bite in and turn in factor.

ive never lowered my car more than 2 inches, regardless of suspension type or vehicle and have not ever had these problems.

newer (old) designs for cars like the fit, elantra, veloster, and corolla you can SLAM the rear end and the camber or toe doesnt change due to the active beam rear.

He's right. My Integra never had a camber kit and the tires didn't wear unevenly. Like his post says, just make sure the toe is aligned. The exception would be for extreme lowering...

Back