1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this makes no sense!!!

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by INJEN78, Sep 23, 2012.

1. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

No, you DO NOT need camber kits!!!!!!!! - Honda-Tech

pretty much the OP is arguing that you dont need a camber kit on a lowered car(up to around 3* negative camber) if you get an alignment.and that it wont eat up the insides of your tires.

does this make sense??

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

it will wear prematurely, but toe + camber is what eats up tires. Toe set is whats adjustable without use of aftermarket products

3. newb

newb phresh VIP

I saw that quite a while ago. Never realized he was only talking about 3 degrees tho. Factory spec on my car is 2. And obviously toe factors into tire wear on any car.

4. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

The problem is most of these guys are lowering their cars like 2-3 inches causing -15+ degree camber.

5. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

It also depends on the type of suspension you have too.

stuff like macpherson struts don't gain camber angle as the compression tract goes. ie, at oem or -3 inches, its still the same camber angle to the ground.

this is where dual wishbone has the advantage, in that as it compresses, it gains camber angle and thus improves the bite in and turn in factor.

6. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

ive never lowered my car more than 2 inches, regardless of suspension type or vehicle and have not ever had these problems.

newer (old) designs for cars like the fit, elantra, veloster, and corolla you can SLAM the rear end and the camber or toe doesnt change due to the active beam rear.

7. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

He's right. My Integra never had a camber kit and the tires didn't wear unevenly. Like his post says, just make sure the toe is aligned. The exception would be for extreme lowering...

8. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted