this maybe the wrong place

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

what would cause injectors to shut off at a certian rpm.

in my buddies supra at 3800 rpms three injectors shut off but we dont know which ones. took the car to two shops no one has an idea.

take each injector out 1 by 1, and see if the sound of the engine changes, once u find the ones that change the sound of the engine u know what ones dont work.

No, that would be the incorrect thing to do. DO NOT take injectors out.

Go to any auto parts store and get what's called a noid light. Basically, it's an LED that you plug into the leads that fire a solenoid, or in this case, the injectors and it works the same way a test light does. Plug the noid light into the injector plugs one by one and see which ones shut off at 3800 RPM. I assume this would happen in neutral? How do you know the injectors are shutting off? Any codes? What conditions does it do this in?

And this is what I meant by a post with a topic. :)

thats what a local shop says, they had it for two weeks.

it happens all the time neutral and while driving.

the run down old motor blew when tring to top out the supraabout 160 it went. reason be that the car needed a computer called a vpc (ithink). he bought a new block and head rebuild kit and had a local shop put it together. got car back and it spen ta total of a month at the shops in town to find out whats wrong. no one knows

So after the shop put the engine back together, the problem started, and he didn't take it back to the shop?

Cause of injectors not firing if the injectors aren't bad- insufficient signal. Check the wires from the injectors all the way to the ECU. Use a multimeter to check resistance between the injector plugs and the ECU end of the wires.

How to check if an injector works: Connect a 9V battery to the injector and if it clicks, or you can feel it click, it's good. Do not connect it to a 12V car battery. a 1.5V battery won't be enough. Use only a 9V battery.

Hm. Well, try what I said and get back to me. Hit me up on AIM if you need help: House of Boost.

i called him and the last shop checked all the injectors and wire and what not that goes to em...

when the boost controler and boost cut off was put it it caused the check engine light to turn on and say on. he has an hks evac 2 and a greddy cut off.

he also bought his block new from the suprastore

i told him to bring it to a shop up in the twin cities that have worked on supras before. none of the shops here have worked on em before

Back