This message board needs a upgrade

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drpenguin

How many people here have gotten bitched at because you post a nub Q? They all tell you to go search right? Well that’s all fine and dandy if it worked! I searched for "wideband o2". Well it gives me that homo error about it not being 4 letters long! I search for b16a it still doesn’t work! Someone needs to make it so we can search for stuff under 4 or how ever many letters it really needs. So before all you great people start yelling at the nubs for asking nub Q's! Try and search for it yourself and see if you can get anything besides that homo error.

if you don't like it, leave. its that simple.

if you actually learned how to use the search feature instead of bitching about it, perhaps you would get somewhere in life.

on the search page itself, there are help guides and pop ups for advanced searching, boolean operators, and so forth.

but i bet you probably never even read them, did you?

And more so, how could you ever expcet to find ANYTHING useful on a shearch for b16a??? you would have thousands of useless posts to your searching. search for something specific.

I have read them, and there still no use. And yes I know b16a is a generic thing that’s why I typed it in! How about this you try searching for "wideband o2" and tell me what you get! I’m not going to leave just because your board software is out of date, that would be stupid.

I searched and got this error
"The error returned was:
One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you are searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

Believe it or not there are a lot of words in the English language that are less then 4 letters! On a board devoted to cars you think this would be different? How many parts on a Honda can you list that are 4 letters or under?

oh my god you got it dont you feel special! not, look here stupid ass. Im not trying to pick a fight im just stating that the board needs a upgrade to the searching part! but im done posting in here.

No need to get your feathers all ruffled up. Fact is, if you had tried using different entries you would have found it is more than a useful tool. Sometimes you just have to know how to use something. Did you send Honda a nasty letter bitching that you shouldn't have to wire vtec on a 97 DX?

stop bitchin or go away. And yea, learn to use stuff better before you complain. It's not our fault a search function outsmarts you.

the board is up to date.
we are on the latest builds of php5 and mysql4.

EVERY DATABASE ON THE MARKET has a limitation of a 4 character minimum on full-text searching.

we would run out of room in a day if all of a sudden we started indexing every time "a" "at" "and" "the" "ass" and so on are used on the boards. it wake make the search even more useless.

the same thing goes for making a NEW topic. If you want it to be valuable later on down the road, MAKE the time something uselful.

like "Wideband Oxygen Sensor"

that isn't too hard, is it? :)

Wow. not a good way to approach a problem. I argue with people sometimes here and I just want yall to know no matter how much I argue with ya I'm not gonna purposefully sabotage ya or not help ya or something of that nature.

Back