This mount looks healthy, just replaced the motor mount on the Jeep.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
So I finally got around to do the mount in the JGC, I ended up using a brick and a floor jack to git-r-done, took me a few hours, then a few hours of trying to figure out why it was throwing code 34, which is a cruise control code and putting me in limp mode.

Anyway, the here's some pics of the old mount it literally fell into pieces when I got it out. New one is much better. I'm thinking of doing the passenger and trans mounts just for the hell of it.

I finally sourced the culprit to the CEL. I must have knocked a vacuum hose lose when I was swapping the mount. It took me longer to figure out that problem then the actual labor of doing the mount.

And that's that.

I'm loving my $850 Jeep even more now.

Attachments

• Photo-0111.jpg
    Photo-0111.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Photo-0114.jpg
    Photo-0114.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 235
  • Photo-0113.jpg
    Photo-0113.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 205
That mount looks gross. I've definitely pulled a couple completely broken mounts from my previous honda's on occasion, just from bad launches, and such.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. The other motor mount is in decent condition, still has a good 10k miles on it, but the extreme difference in the ride from changing that one makes me just want to change it out. Plus it's even easier then the driver side and shouldn't take me more then an hour to do. It's only 2 engine mounts and one trans mount and they're on the cheap side.

Ah, gotchya. I'm just slow today. But luckily no busted knuckles or anything.

Back