This must be a typo!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP

The Mercedes-Benz C-Class takes first place in its segment in the latest ADAC breakdown statistics. According to surveys carried out by the largest European automobile club, this makes it the most reliable car in the medium class. The breakdown statistics are based on the practical, day-to-day experiences of the breakdown assistance personnel from the ADAC, Europe’s largest automobile club. These statistics, which are published every year, therefore reflect what actually happens and provide solid information about the reliability of specific vehicle models. For the latest, extensive collation of data, cars first registered between 2003 and 2008 (of which at least 10,000 were registered each year) which had suffered a breakdown for technical reasons were recorded. Among all medium-class cars, the Mercedes-Benz C-Class proved to be the least susceptible to breakdowns.

I guess this isn't all that hard to get when the other cars are BMWs and Audis.

The other cars are Hondas, Fiats, Opels, etc. That actually surprises me.

But, then again, the number of hondas I had ADAC tow for me probably skewed the statistics quite a bit. haha.

Everyone on the internet says MB is hands down the WORST car out there.

so far I've had.... zero issues.

still waiting for mine to break.

Keep in mind that germans take their cars into the dealership twice a year, when the seasons change, regardless of whether or not there is a problem.

How many times a year do americans take their (otherwise totally problem-free) cars to a dealership to get service done?

Preventative maintenance is a big deal with it. Mercedes also changed the requirements to become a certified Merc mechanic in the past decade or so, and I'd assume that's a contributing factor.

Why buy a car that you are going to wait for it to break? Hell, buy a VW then.

Im not taking my car to Benz, no thanks.

in the US its once a year. Even then Im still not going to do it.
I plan on doing oil changes and keeping up with basic wear items. in 2 years from now I'll try to remember this post to say how good/bad my car has been.

So far everyone on the internet says MB is the worst car ever, yet people who own them that I've talked to about MB have had nothing but good stuff to say.

Weird how that works....

Back