This nut is a pain to get off..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
i needed two threads because i wanted to start a poll..
but eg is made cuz i said hes PMSing..

Its to his closed thread that he was bitchin about.

He still wants to know how to get the nut off.

I think you should just cut that bitch off and buy a new nut. Easier than dickin around with it for weeks. And taking the whole knuckle off and having the nut still stuck on there for the future isn't very apealing to me.

Best of luck sir!

eg mustve deleted the thread completely..
it worked a minute ago.

im asking if i should just chisel the nut off or take off the entire axle, with the disc still attached.

it's a $5 part. and i've been waiting for days for you to succeed so i can crown you the Nut King, but alas...

well, i got back from honda a few hours ago.
i picked up two fresh, shiny nuts!

lol

$7.10
:[

they wanted to charge me like 6 something each, but i was like.. nooo waayyyy buddy. lol

And you believe that you can chisel this hardened steel nut off easier than you can unscrew it? Without compromising the threads on the spindle? I think you are heavily underestimating the strength of these axle nuts. These aren't your average, every day mild steel variety.

You should have picked up a pawn shop old school heavy duty breaker bar.

I think you are heavily underestimating the strength of these axle nuts.

probably..
lol

what do you suggest?
besides the breaker bar, cuz that things not budging..
ill go at it with the torch and penatrating fluid again and try the bar.
but i dont think its gonna work.

remember heed the advice prior with the heat. you will end up changing the bonding structure of the metal and it will become soft. not good!

i suggest a cut off wheel. careful not to cut the axel. and if you do, an axel is cheaper than axel and spindle and wheel bearing and hub.

heed the advice?
you know that means follow the advice about the heat.. right?

i have a dremel that might have a cut off wheel bit, maybe ill try that.

i love all this advice, but i really need the best answer, cuz im not sure which one would be best..
besides the breaker bar shit, cuz thats not working..

this is why i made a poll..

heed the advice?
you know that means follow the advice about the heat.. right?

i have a dremel that might have a cut off wheel bit, maybe ill try that.

i love all this advice, but i really need the best answer, cuz im not sure which one would be best..
besides the breaker bar shit, cuz thats not working..

this is why i made a poll..

no that means listen to the earlier advice about changing the properties of the metal by phyregod and how you should not do it

dremel = weak. probably need a cutoff wheel and put it in your drill.

i just know my dewalt drill owns a dremel hard core. found that out easily when trying to cut steel braided brake line.

maybe try an insanely fortified breaker bar and longer pipe as phyregod also said?

i dont know where a longer pipe is..
and i dont think i have enough to buy a new one.

but yeah, my dads dewalt is a fucking beast.
i just have a black and decker firestorm kit(with the sander and jigsaw and drill, im a wood worker..lol).
the only reason i even have that is because it was 20 bucks at goodwill.

look broham i don't know what your weight is but im 190 and my fat ass on a three foot bar couldn't get it! so i called my 265 buddy to jump on it. had to have been at 600 ft lbs.

lol.
i only weight like 180.
i been trying to squat the bar though, pushing it up instead of jumping on it.
cuz i can squat well over 300 lbs, and since the torque specs are only 135 ft lbs, i dont understand why its not moving.
fucking stubborn nuts.

about the heat, changing the properties..
i was only using a small propane torch, is that still enough to change the properties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back