This nut is a pain to get off..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not use to this shit.. im from california, i went outside this morning to try to get that shit off, and my girlfriends like.. what are you doing, its snowing, itll be more frozen.
haha

use the breaker bar and pole, and have someone else smash the socket with a hammer while you pull. kinda like an impact wrench..

it totally is.. but im fucking it up too.
im using all at my dispense. lol
hacksaws, titanium drill bits, carbon steel chisels.. this rotary tool has done a great deal of damage too.
i broke through the back with a drill.
i got like all the way through this bitch with the rotary tool, but i think i started cutting into the spindle too :[

my theory is, itll be easier to get off if i cut through one side of it..

150 posts is really getting depressing.

what's it mean when the icon in my user cp for this thread turns from orange to red? that this shit's gone on way too long and should have been delt with? lol

Last edited:
lol
im assuming that means this topic is red fucking hot!
maybe i should try loosening it now?

god damn though, ive thrown everything but the kitchen sink at this mother fucker.. ima go back at it tomorrow.

If you successfully cut through one side of the nut, and it still wont move, heat the side opposite the cut and let it cool. That should shrink the side oppostie the cut, or widen the kerf of the cut and make it easier.

before..
0_IMAGE_00341.jpg

after..
0_IMAGE_00339.jpg

0_IMAGE_00340.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back