this one is for TPP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The one my buddy had definately had dohc, with the plug wires running down the centerline of the heads

Here is a pic of the dohc.

s40b18ba3b23e4.jpg

a 318 with performance upgrades and an airbag suspension. i not totally sure you realize what your getting into. you think trucks spin with ballz cause of no weight? try spinnin cause the engines got balls and you have no suspension. lol. i thought about it when i was debatin on baggin my 02 frontier king cab.

dakotas came with 318 if I'm not mistaken... I can get the entire swap for 500, engine trany, drive shaft, rear axle w/new clutch. its goin tohave 18x10's in the back and 18x8's in the fornt

i know the R/T 's came with 360's and it wasn't the compatability issue. it was the no traction and poor handling issue. i mean if you want ballsack power, then you needa keep it on the ground. know what i mean.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@May 23 2004, 11:56 PM
The one my buddy had definately had dohc, with the plug wires running down the centerline of the heads

Here is a pic of the dohc.

s40b18ba3b23e4.jpg

oh i see; that is the exact engine my dad has(can tell by cam belt cover), but not as clean. i guess i never payed atention to the 4-cam.

Originally posted by nismogod@May 24 2004, 12:57 AM
i know the R/T 's came with 360's and it wasn't the compatability issue. it was the no traction and poor handling issue. i mean if you want ballsack power, then you needa keep it on the ground. know what i mean.

Its a 1991 dakota... I want more power then the little POS 4 banger thats in it.

a 440 would be totally fuckin crazy, a little much for me. My dad knows a guy who owns a new dodge ram with a hemi in it, he totalled the truck, bought it back and wants to do something with it... my dad asked about the engine the guy will sell it to us for $1000, engine, trans, harness, ecu all i need is the rear end...

I do think Ill keep it carb'd for awhile, if I go with the 318

well, from what i've been told, again this is told, the HEMI is detuned, just like the 5.9's were, but the hemi's are detuned because the particular tranny currently being used wasn't really what was needed. i was told it can't hold the power that the HEMI would put out with a proper program. that may be inaccurate, but again, thats what i've been told by mopar ppl.

Back