this router is super lame

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Ok, router is a Linksys RTP300(VoIP router). When I first got it(from Vonage), it perform flawlessly. Now, it starts cutting the connecting on and off(like on aim, turns on and off, etc.). I have a D-link router the works good but "shutdowns" when it's you load it(right now only my sister's WLAN and brother's connection runs through it). Funny thing is, my cousin's old Linksys did the same thing too(his wasnt a VoIP router though), but got another Linksys that ran perfectly.

I can't get rid of the router because our telephone line runs through it. Anyone know a fix or suggest a different VoIP router?

who is your internet provider?

you said the router is cutting in and out...what is the d-link's IP address and what is the RTP's address?

i might be able to give you more information after i get that little bit.

Only the Linksys one is; the D-link one just shuts down(lights are still on but all of them are blinking; only happens under heavy load).

The linksys is http://192.168.15.1/ the d-link is http://192.168.0.1/ but my computer is isolated from that one( i can access it using my brother's computer though)

Oh yea provider is Road Runner/Time Warner.

okay, that blew my asumption out of the water unless RR has moved to using pppoe or unless they are sending out 1 port routers again.

It might just be that d-link is trash
ph34r.gif

My computer isnt running through the D-Link, but when I did have it running through there; it was fine(Its a TigerDirect refurbished DI-524), after awhile, under heavy loads for extended time, it would just shut down(I had it set up so that its Modem->Dlink->(our computers)+Linkysys(used only for VoIP).
So, I just configured it so the modem plugs into the Linksys and the D-Link plug into the Linksys(Modem->Linksys->my computer+Voip+D-link->My bro and sister's computer.) Should I just buy another VoIP router or call Vonage about it since they were the ones that sent me this Linksys?

Back