This Saturday's field trip...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

Tomorrow, Chris and I are going to poke around the Rte. 128 Used Car Parts salvage yard in Waltham. We're going to get some parts for his 'rage. I think wearing black jeans and a dark t-shirt would be wise move. lol. :lol:

They've got a red EG hatch on the lot, but it's pretty well crumpled up. :(

ill need to buy an umbrella... and ill know if i can get your car in the back or not... dad decided to drop a load of p-stone right in the middle of the driveway... so if it rains i cant do the control arm, unless we ask clayton and go there. :D

track me down a rear drivers side brake calipher for an AE86 ..... and make sure it is for disk brakes and not a drum....drums don't have caliphers.....

We'll be sure to ask. There are no CRX's in the yard though. I already checked on that.

So Clayton... what are your plans for tomorrow? Do you know yet? Can we come down to your place in the afternoon so Chris can install that teg LC arm for me?

If you see any Integras or Civic Sis, see if you can find me a good 4040 brake prop valve with the fittings (screw ins on brake lines) still attached.

:)

What years are okay on that prop valve? Good thing Chris will be there with me.... lol.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Sep 26 2003, 11:08 PM
What years are okay on that prop valve? Good thing Chris will be there with me.... lol.

I think pretty much anything from 92-00, but if you can find one from a 92-95 Si or EX sedan with rear discs, that might be the best fit. I've tried two from newer Integras already, and they always sprung a leak somewhere- either because the fittings were leaking, or because the housing was split.

We'll do our best. And what's a good price range for this sort of setup? And so new OEM is way too expensive? I still get an employee discount at my old dealership, my old employee number is still valid (#496). lol.

I'm not sure how much it costs at the dealer- but one from a junkyard shouldn't be more than $20, $25 tops. I guess I could check how much it is. I just know that I need more fluid going to the rear brakes than I have now. The fronts lock up way too quick.

I just posted it up so you would see it before you went to the junkyard, just in case you were able to snag one cheap. If not, don't worry too much about it. I'm sure I can find one locally. The yard in Dallas said that nobody had ever asked for one, even though they sold tons of rear disc conversions.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 27 2003, 12:19 AM
I'm not sure how much it costs at the dealer- but one from a junkyard shouldn't be more than $20, $25 tops. I guess I could check how much it is.

I may have time in the morning to go visit my dealership. The parts dept. is open until noontime. I just wanted a ballpark figure on how much that part should be...

but at least getting it to Austin would be free. ;)

Yes, very true- I'll PM you my cell number just in case. I'll call a dealer and see what their price is when I can too.

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Sep 27 2003, 09:45 AM
what the hell does this part look like? ;) :p

The parts guy at the dealership didn't have a clue either... LOL! Part number Calesta?

So Chris and I were at the junkyard for about an hour. What an awesome place! Found Chris a glove box, seatbelt, mudflaps, misc. door trim and a hatch cover for a teg .... all for $40!

So just showered up and with fresh clothes... on to NH for a hood for my car (and it's red too!) and then down to Clayton's in CT. Heh. :D

Calesta, both rear disc calipers on a 94+ teg that we found are complete and in decent condition. if you could provide a pic of what you need, i will be heading out there within the next 2 weeks to grab rear interior pieces (didnt don on me until i got home!!) for my rage. damn previous owners' dogs.

Clay, no rear disc swaps on any of those corollas....

a prop valve is a silver piece thats mounted on the firewall with a bunch of brake lines running in and out of it... Its kinda diamond shaped...

Sorry guys, was dead for a while... it's a silver thingy on the firewall with 6 metal brake lines coming out of it. If you look at it from the top, it looks like a Y shaped casting.

CHRIS:
alright, well the entire engine was in the car... so we will look at it again when we go back, thats about when she gets back from texas.

Back