This sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

serrilion

In my own little world!
So the other day I took a freind out for a ride in my DD aka D15B coupe. We started to smell an oil smell, I said its normal once in awhile to smell that, but it got wicked strong so we pulled over... I saw oil dripping, me having just done an oil change that day checkd over the drain plug and filter right there on the spot... Come to find out its the Trany. I drove it the whole 5-6 miles home not a problem at all... It seems to ether be leaking from inside the flywheel housing or around the left CV shaft... at High RPM's it spits it out like a garden house, any ideas anyone?

Thanks

New tranny time? I don't even like the si tranny tbh, I'd rather go with the lx tranny better shift points imo

lol, its a DX trany :p, I have an Si, Ex, Lx and recently got a cx haha... plenty of tranys, and we figured it out, it is the Outer Drive seal or how ever its named...some quite simple

Careful, if it's coming out by the flywheel it could be rear main. Don't want to mis diagnose one of those, though they commonly are.

sounds like a rear main to me as well, if the oil looks used and dark its gonna be from the engine. if the oil looks clear and clean it will be from the tranny.

lol, its a DX trany :p, I have an Si, Ex, Lx and recently got a cx haha... plenty of tranys, and we figured it out, it is the Outer Drive seal or how ever its named...some quite simple

So it's fixed then? Hope so.

Why so many tranys? Interested in selling one?

I got quite a few tranys haha... and maybe dunno, Cleaning out the Barn as we speak... to further up date wasen't a rear main seal at all... engine is still full... I blew a clutch bolt threw the trany lmao... so Now i got to figure out which trans I want on my car lol.. after that I can sell a few... the CX andlx someone wants for $300 for the pair so there gone... if intrested in a D15B or Ex let me kno

Back