This thing is a piece and it won't work....b16 ef

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

screwmesa

Ok, replaced timing belt, spark plugs, distributor, map sensor, iat sensor, tps sensor.....ecu is NOT throwigng any codes, but I get a sweet knocking sound from the intake cam on the 1st cylinder. What the hell could be wrong here? I've opened the valve cover many a time and see nothing wrong, all my cam bolts are torqued properly and valve clearances are all kosher....anyone have any ideas here before I pay a billion dollars to have someone check it out?

also, it takes a little more oomph on the starter now than it did before to get it started, just an observation, may not be linked...

Is it a loud nocking or clicking sound. If it clicks or sounds like a chatter then it may be your Lost motion assemblies. These are a common problem with 1st gen b16's.

-James-

its a very apparent knock and certainly only at cylinder 1 on the intake cam....very rhythmic....makes me think bad valve?

Check the cam sprocket gear bolts. I had a similar problem with a zc and the bolts were stripped goin into the cam gear. Or maybe just lose? I believe it happened when the guy was changing his timing belt.

Back