This too heavy of a rim?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thats fuckin heavy

but if you are not planning to race with those rims on then who gives a fuck

:withstupid: my rotas weight 11.9 lb and I give a shit because i'm going to race on them- But if you just want a set of wheels for cruising around town and looking cool, then who gives a fuck about unsprung weight

read the article on unsprung and sprung weight or something like that int he refrence or article section

it will make you rethink anything over 15 inch rims :)

Yeah i don't plan on racing with those rims. But will they weight effect the "fun" factor of every day driving? meaning i can't that accelerate quickly and be as agile(sp?), within reason. Also i am curious, does anyone know how much honda 13" steelies weight? I have seen the weight for the 14 or 15's before on the thread, i am just curious for comparison. thanks.

any got the link to that article could find it.

does anyone have an idea if it would effect the so called"fun"factor like i explained before? I have found a real good deal for these rims and i am indecisive if going with a wheel that weight will hurt me in the long run.

i run 17" 5zigen fighter's. i was scurd that i'd lose alot of performance when i put them on but you know what? the only thing i noticed was my car handled waaay better. im sure it had somewhat of an affect on my acceleration tho- but well worth the nice appearance

Ehhh, I'd rock those wheels for around town. Hell I've gone through 3 sets of 16's already, and the fun factor never really was gone gone on my civic, just yeah you could tell there was a difference.

you will definitly notice it, and you will definitly be slower.

but if you don't give a shit about it, then sport them

so is 17lbs for a 17" wheel good? im thinkin so..

..since i run 14.7 (could be better with practice) with an LS tranny and stock intake and exhaust. i honestly didnt feel a loss of power when i put them on.

dohch22a4 runs 14.1 with a jdm gsr runnin an LSD tranny with 15's i think. i bet i'd easily run that with aftermarket intake/exhaust with his tranny...
bam!

here ya go:

--> weight <--
BTW thanks :)

generally 1lb per inch is "considered" light

but if you are seriously looking for performance
15s should be under 11lbs
16s should be under 13lbs
17s shouldnt be on your car.... but under 15lbs

with that said.... go read my articles on unsprung weight and rotational mass and you will understand that even if you have 11lb 17s you would still be better off (faster) with an 11lb 15.... and this isnt even taking the tires into effect

Back