This will probably sound really stupid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Siks

Hi,

Im stuck in Illinois and I need to get out of here. If there is anyone who was ever in the same position let me know. I currently have an old saab but not enough money to do any thing with it at the moment. Im saving up money to put new parts into it. So if someone wants to message me and start talking who can give me pointers or just to tell me to piss off or whatever that is fine. I can't stay here any longer. All I know is that whatever I am going to do in life its not going to be legit. Im desperate right now. Im sure this sounds really stupid but if there is someone who has ever been in my position then let me know.

Dont get me wrong.

This isn't some emo cry for help. This isn't, some I cant take my life because it is so terrible and i might just kill myself.
So dont get me wrong on that but I happen to live in a place where life doesnt really give you much. You kind of have to find it. And I decided that I cant find it here. I know for a fact that street racing isnt what they make it out to be in Fast and Furious movies. But I know there is organized street racing out there. I guess my main question right now is how does every one pay for all the parts under their car? I have a job and it doesnt pay like that so someone enlighten me. Some one tell me whats up if im a noob or whatever Im just kinda stuck and need to get out.

Lots of people have. Buck up little camper. Put out word that you're looking to be someone's roommate.

Myself ? I'm full. But hey, just do it. I did before the internet, it's possible.

Some of us dont make much money. We look for deals and save, save, save. I waited almost three years before I bought an engine swap. So as far as your car goes it can be a slow process. If where you live sux so bad then move. Save up some money, pick a city, load up your saab, and take off.

The only thing I ever learned from Winnie the Pooh is, "No matter where you go, there you are". Problems don't go away from area to area, they change. That's about it. What problems you encounter - personal problems (I have no friends / everyone hates me / I'm gonna go pound sand up my ass) - move with you.

It's important to not run away from things, but instead to run towards them. It took me skipping from state to learn this sort of shit, so I don't expect my words to sink in there.

Im not saying run from your problems, but sometimes a change of scenery can give a person a new found ambition. Plus a new place might have more opportunities, more ways to better ones life.

Well thanks for the tips. I am also only seventeen but Im trying to find a way to drive out of here leave my family behind and somehome maybe get a job as a mechanic somewhere. Im not sure. But being stuck here with no friends and a sad excuse for a life makes you do weird things like post cries for help on the internet. But thanks for responding if anyone else has something to say then please do. I greatly appreciate it.

you could always go and shack up with aleaf in idaho, or even Tennessee to live with that other dude in his trailer.

He doesn't live in a trailer lol. :rolleyes: And I'm moving also, when I pay off my debt, and save the money to. Plus, I live with my grandfolks, don't think they'd like the company.

But I totally went through this stage...well, actually am still going through it. Basically, make sure you're well prepared to face the world alone, because if you have family or someone nearby, they can't help you after you leave. I was lucky enough to get the help one time, but after that, that's it. I'm on my own. I'm sure whatever issues you have will get better, things always do.

Things happen for a reason.

the answer to all your problems lies in GET A JOB

- you will solve money problems
- you will make firends there
- you will be away from your folks

its a win win win.

so get off your emo ass and get a friggin job

Oh okay...I thought you were talking to me for a sec....
Lol, I've been trying to get jobs for a while now....

i think u need a good job, maybe get a few jobs, and

if u need to, start trapping

its where the money is

goo luck

I have two jobs. That doesnt mean i can just get out of here. I didnt mean for this to be some emo message to everyone. It was just for a few pointers or does everyone just live with their parents until high school is over and go to college to get some job that you may or may not like. Im trying to do something a little different than most people. And being banned from a town where I knew everyone to a town filled with people going nowhere and no one worth even being near isnt going to get me much. So im sorry if its too emo to not want to lead the majority's idea of the "American Dream" but im just trying to make my own living without parents holding my hand.

Dont sweat it man, you are young and life can be hard. Just set a goal and do whatever it takes to achieve it. When I turned 18 I put whatever I could fit in my car and took $1000 and hit the road. I lived in Atlanta at the time and I drove to San Francisco. I lived there for three years with no help. It is not hard to make changes.

Anyway thanks to everyone who was encouraging and is giving me some good advice. The person who decided that im an emo with no job thats fine think what you want. Even though i actually have two but i can see where you got the idea that im an emo from my first couple posts. But thanks to everyone else

Back