this would be a fun car to own

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by saturn_boy96+Nov 1 2003, 10:19 PM-->
Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Oct 31 2003, 10:14 PM
the NE crew gets a laugh out of it, but im sure most honda freaks have no clue that a mirage sedan = evo.

uh, correction. a mirage sedan does not equal an evo.

you're retarded. a mirage sedan comes with a puny 115hp motor amd its 2wd.

thats like saying our 240sx = silvia. they are not the same.

they may have similar roots but there souls are worlds apart.

dont call me out on my evos. its entirely too possible. mirage = evo. hands down. its just missing the engine, drivetrain, bodykit, and the little interior accents. if you take a 92-93 USDM mirage sedan (the only 4g mirage years with the flat tail lights) and a 92-93 EVO 2, you can swap ALL EVO parts onto the mirage, and it will run just as the EVO did. everything is a DIRECT BOLT ON.
edit: forgot to add- the 4g coupe (my car) can accept the evo components as well. you need a 1g eclipse gsx tranny to rear pumpkin driveshaft, though.

Celerity

I basic terms, I believe he is talking in. Chris does know quite a bit about the USDM JDM comparisons, and can list them off accurately without flinching. He does his homework.

Which is kinda why it was a "NE" thing, because we know him.

well the 4g63t engine sits the opposite way, but if you had a factory USDM 4dr lancer sedan 92-93, you can pull everything off the evo, and slap it in. you also have to replace the suspension, fuel tank, lines, and add the hydro clutch (again, it all bolts on from the evo)

To a lot of Honda guys, this may sound like a terrible pain. But as Airjockie has shown me, it IS possible.

Just be prepared to flip the donor EVO onto it's side.

to add, 97 - 01 mirage = evo 4,5,6,7... but the line between the 4 and 5 is blurred, as they made them out of both 4g and 5g mirage chassis.

Back