1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

those cheap coilovers on ebay....

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by dotherockawear, Oct 18, 2004.

1. dotherockawear

dotherockawear Junior Member

I am not looking for ful TEIN SS coilovers suspension system, just something cheap to drop my car for now. Is there really a big difference from say the $30 coilovers on ebay compared to the skunk2 coilovers or ground control? Is it worth it to spend the money now? Has anyone ever tried these or heard of any problems with them? check these out... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...mMakeTrack=true

thanks in advance
    nick

2. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

i have skunk2s in my room about to go on, ill let you know in a week.

3. formby

formby learning in progress

hey man i bought cheap(dropzone) coil overs for $99 on ebay. they are okay if you are on a budget...dont buy the real cheap ones because they use motorcycle springs...the dropzones have a waranty or something....my friend has had his for over 2yrs his car is now starting to get a little bouncy ....we are just going to replace the shocks...

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

if you want your car to look good for pictures, just cut your damn springs.

if you actually care about performance, driving, ride comfort, car control, or your back, get something not from ebay.
    you can do 342344% better for just a couple bucks more.

some eibach springs are liker 150 bucks.
    kyb replacement shocks are like $40 each.

fuck dropzone, tenzo, ractive, anything made by toucan, and so on. you will handel and ride better on stock components.

5. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

Got my groundcontrols for 280 new with free shipping on ebay.

6. handlebarsfsr

handlebarsfsr Senior Member

if you just want the coil kit, omnipowers are 180 from omnipower and 165 from kteller, and are better than just about anything in the price range. if you can afford it, get the full coil kit, but they are pretty stiff.

7. $k@m Art1$t

$k@m Art1$t Junior Member

Just make sure the coilovers you are getting have the spring rates matched for your car. I got a set of HP Racing coilovers for $150, and they look similar to those ones on eBay. They do ride very stiff, but they are still comfortable on long road trips and you can take turns like you wouldn't believe, with almost no body roll. That's the advantage of having stiff springs.

8. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Tein lowering springs generally go for about $130 also. Just look at the shipping cost on those eBay specials- $30. By the time you're done paying, you would be more than halfway to buying a new set of decent springs that you know won't sag or break on you. You might also try looking for used Eibach Pro-Kits or something- those are everywhere.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted