those looking for free web hosting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
I saw this ad in an IT mag I get
it's for 3 years of free web hosting.
with no risk what so ever.

www.1and1.com

yeah as far as I can tell there's no bs catches, I guess they think if you use em after 3 years most likely you'll keep using them, I checked out their site and is says no pop-ups etc... you don't even need to link the account to a credit card to start up the free service

I have it, Im actually in the process of moving one of my domains over to their servers. To good to pass up.

can i sign up for two accounts? one personal and one business?

this is the opportunity i have been waiting for.....

how much space do the give you? shopping cart? my own domain name for free?

Originally posted by sisteve@Oct 28 2003, 04:03 PM
I have it, Im actually in the process of moving one of my domains over to their servers. To good to pass up.

'splain lucy....

gimme all the details

go to the site, I dont have time to go over all the specifics. The only think that you would have to pay for is the purchase/transfer of a domain name to their servers...and its 4.95 or something stupid like that.

I am planning on hosting a photoshop tutorial site w/them

im on it. this is so cool.

first account im going to use to host all my pictures for ebay

second one, im going to create a site that will hopefully transfer the majority of my ebay traffic to my website to avoid their fucking fees !!!!

im going to figure out a way to royally screw ebay in the ass by not paying any of their fees, but directing all potential customers to my website....

ill make a thread if i can figure out how to do it.

Originally posted by sisteve@Oct 28 2003, 04:18 PM
uhhh.....

you get charged an insertion fee y0

i know...

but see, ill just be putting "bait" on ebay. i sell surf clothes...roxy, billabong, volcom, ecko etc.

most of my shit goes for like 30-40 bucks a pop. ill put a couple of good deals on ebay, then list my url on the description. im sure people will flock to my site?

im just a little pissed right now. i got 3 non paying bidders, one who ROYALLY fucked me on my red sox jacket. acution ended 2 days before they lost in the playoffs. sold to the highest bidder for 76.00.

douche bag never paid, nor contaced me.....long story short, filed a npb, and a fvf
and relisted....the auction ends in 2 hours, and it is barely at 30.00.

cocksucker cost me 40.00....

and to top it off i owe ebay about 200.00 in fees....

and their customer service sucks...and i could go on and on but i wont.

:cliffs: ebay sucks

if its int he description, ebay will more than likely axe the auction...you'll still have to pay insertion fees.

Just list what you have and put it inot the description, either way you are paying....

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Oct 28 2003, 03:10 PM
first account im going to use to host all my pictures for ebay

second one...

"Are there any limitations?
The offer expires January 14, 2004. That means only customers signing up prior to this date qualify for the 3 free years. Every customer can use the free offer only once and must not resell the service."

Looks like you're only allowed one account... but if they don't ask for a credit card I don't see how they could know... :)

EDIT: Woah check this out:

"Do you offer FTP, PHP, Perl, MySQL, CGI, SSH, and Cron Jobs?
Yes, we do. 1&1 is famous for allowing customers vast configuration options so you can create the exact website and/or e-commerce facility you need and run your server in the best way for you. All of the above is even included in our 3 year free offer. "

Another EDIT:
Hmm, I'm signing up now and they do an address verification on whatever address you give them... It just corrected my home address to South of the street instead of north. :)

bah, here's the catch. their network blows ass.

connectivity.gif

I subcontract for PAIX, level 3, Tsystems, and MFN (aka AboveNet which recently filed bankrupt) at work. I see what goes on.

Level3 carriers blow ass. They are the number 1 spam producing network out there. Most sys admins have blocked level3 carried port 25 pop mail.

http://spamhaus.org/sbl/listings.lasso?isp=level3.net
http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml

have fun.

the key word is level (3)'s CARRIERS. Dont forget that the web is just a large as spider web. This place uses level 3, sprint and other major backbones. The amount of spam that I have gotten so far has been absolutely NOTHING. I get more spam on my ISP optonline than I do with this place.

other way around bro-

it gets SPOOFED to look like its from you based on the level3 conenction OUT to others.

so, then your domain gets blacklisted.

Back