those of u with obd0 and a header

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rippedoff

ok so i have a crx with a jdm b16. its obd0. my question. thoses of u with obd0 what headers did u get. what did u do about the 2 o2 sensors. i dont wanna wire my car up to obd1 because i have no idea how.lol..i no some about cars but not tons. deff not enough to wire a car. the only thing i can see is this is the other option i have
dual_o2_sensors_non_obd.jpg

is this what all of u did? thanks for the help. btw this is not my header

i need 02 sensors thoe. and i need both of them in the stock locations of the header. i guess one o2 sensors if for 1&4 and the other is for 2&3.

I forgot the SIR had 2 O2 sensors, from looking at the ECU pinout list it looks like all OBD0 ECU's have O2 Sensor A @ C16 and O2 Sensor B is only on the SIR ECU @ C8, if you have an SI or HF then you could just run the extra O2 sensor straight into C8. What year and model is your CRX? I assume you're using the harness that came with the car and just wired in the VTEC?

i have a 91 hx. the vtec is hooked up. i just bought the car not to long ago and the engine and wiring was already done. and yes the ecu is what came with the swap. its a pr3. everything is from hmotorsonline.

Oops...sorry. I thought OBD0 was one O2. Is this a JDM B16 OBD0 thing?
If you know where it goes on the ECU...just run a line, get a spare pin and you should be good to go.

yea its a jdmb16..like i said...i cant wire stuff..ill end up with no car to drive..lol

Here's a few pictures of the pins on an OBD1 plug (pretty sure its the same theory for you)

Look at the last picture. He's holding a red wire and the pin I speak of is on the end. If you know a donor car or a junk yard...hit it up and get a few of these off the harness at the ECU. Just cut the wires as long as you can and use the link below to see how you can take them out. Solder or use a tube connector (if you are good at making a solid connection) to run a piece of 16 or 18 gauge wire throw the firewall and to the O2 where you can connect it there with either a salvage clip that connects or jsut use solder or tube connector again. Super simple. Pin goes into the clip pretty easy too.

Not sure about where C3 and C8 are on OBD0 clips but sure its somewhere. here's one I found
B18c timing belt installation image by ef92b on Photobucket

And here's the pictures for the pins at the ECU (look at the last one and zoom in)
B18c timing belt installation image by ef92b on Photobucket

hmm...looks kinda hard..if i had somones help with me i wouldnt be so intimidated but non of my friends are into cars (well m y 3 friends) lol so im sol when it comes to help

obd0 pr3 b16 set ups require the 2 o2's as you stated. one sensor per bank.

Attachments

• obd0_o2_header.jpg
    obd0_o2_header.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 751
Back