Those of you with MOTORCYCLES

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MXDesa

In interested in purchasing this nice 2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R . I was wondering what the usual rates are for insurance on motorcycles?

Originally posted by MXDesa@Feb 27 2005, 12:28 PM
In interested in purchasing this nice 2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R . I was wondering what the usual rates are for insurance on motorcycles?
[post=466787]Quoted post[/post]​

Depends on State, County, and Credit.

Rates go from 30 bucks a month full coverage up to 300-400-500-600 a month.

Cheapest motorcycle insurance place I know of by far is statefarm however you must have your car insured with them or they will not insure you for a bike.

next in line price wise is progressive.

Geico IMO is last on my list.

They said it would cost X many dollars a month, then said wait you have a no front tag ticket so thats going to make it 40-50% more then we first quoted you oh wait never mind you're too high of a risk to insure becuase of that no front tag ticket.

bastards

I have ZERO Points, zero moving tickets and a 790 credit rating however they say Im too much of a risk to insure.

however now that I don't have the front tag ticket on my record they're willing to insure me for something like 3000 a year for comp/lia with the highest deductables.

state farm I pay low 400s and thats with FULL coverage with $100 deductable. that works out to be $34 month

but once again it all depends on state, county, credit I've found that with bikes age isnt a real big factor. Credit/area you live in makes a BIG differance.

Back