Thoughts and Prayers Welcome

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drake

VIP
damn... heard about this on the news tonight... best wishes to all involved

I saw this on the news earlier too. Kinda shocking that someone on here knows them.

Hoping for the best though.

Best wishes. Never think that something like that will happen to someone you know.

I don't uunderstand this. There's a Mt. XXXXXX story every year. Don't people relize that hikin in the winter in these mountains = likely death?

Anyway, hope the other 2 come out alive.

I don't understand it either. Also they don't have a transponder either.

= Hail Mary

B is right. It happens in Northern NH with Mt. Washington several times a year. People have no idea what they are getting into. They recorded the world's highest wind speeds (unrelated to natural disaster) up there, like 370 mph or something ridiculous like that. Weather patterns change so rapidly too. It can be sunny then you are trapped in the middle of a shit storm the next minute.

i just don't understand mt. climbing. it's like going on a road trip.

spare tire=check
cell phone charger=check
battery jumper=check

when you go on a mt.

food=check
transponder=check
sat phone=check

i don't care if that stuff costs $10,000, it could save your life. it's worth having.

sorry to rant. i hope they come out ok from this.

Apparently no one really knows what they have and dont have. The shittiest part about all of it is not having any idea what the fuck is what. The fact that they found the Luke guy all by himself is strange on its own.

Anyway thanks everyone.

Well they called it today. Its a recovery operation now. Katies dad spoke to the press today and made some valid points and I hope that their family cope with it well. She and her friends where doing something they loved when they went. And that is a helluva more than most of us will get. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I know in someway it helped.

Back