Thoughts on 2002 954RR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
I've been window shopping and came across a 2002 954RR for 4500.

I took a shot and asked if he'd take a trade.
1998 300ex

he said trade and $2500
i'm not sure what the quad is worth but i paid about $2000 for it a couple years back

2002 Honda 954RR

i'm not really in a position to come up with $2500 soon, but i was just curious what you guys thought of the 954rr's

Yeah, my friend would trade the EX plus 2 grand cash. So the prices are about the same. the Honda is lighter, the ZX9R is a heavy bitch, but really stable. Not to mention a few more hp. But if you're not tracking it, then ignore the extra power.

Meh. They're decent bikes if you want a bike for the sake of having a bike. They also make decent stuntbikes. As far as handling and power though, they're severely lacking. They're big, heavy, clunky bikes, and they don't have as much power as you'd expect from a literbike. They're also not that easy to find parts for, since they only made them for a few years.

I'd find something newer, at LEAST an 04. You gotta remember, mileage in a car does NOT equal mileage on a bike...a car with 30k would be pretty low mileage, but 30k on a bike is crazy. I'm not sure how many miles the bike you're looking at has, but being that it's 6 years old it's probably got a good bit on it.

And if you're looking at trading something in AND paying cash, I wouldn't want to give more than $1500 plus your trade, unless your trade is a completely trashed POS.

I'd keep shopping. Just my .02

the bike only has a claimed 9K but it also has aftermarket sprockets so its probably beat on

my history of bikes
1980 air cooler 250 suzuki
1990 ninja 250
1986 ninja 600
and i haven't ridden since about 2001

alright, a 1986 ZX6R if you want to be technical about it
the thing was pristine when i got it
she got road hard

GPZ ? or ZX? I don't recall a ZX after 1984, the GPZ has the full fairing (In my gallery, you can see my GPZ)

If your gonna get a 600 get an 05 or 06 600rr...Im not just saying this because I own one but if you look at the numbers the 600rr is the best bang for your buck

Back