Thoughts on a MA70 Supra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

I'm dealing with the thought of my car being totalled by looking at different cars. I've started looking at MK3 Supras. I figure that I can probably buy an N/A model and a JDM 7MGTE front clip with the money I'll be getting between the insurance company and the towing company.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I drove one. They do handle like shit because they're huge and heavy, but I'm not looking for an auto-x car.

well, do it!

i still cast my vote for a 240, even though you say you don't fit properly

i think you're just scared to have a slower 240 than me :p :ph34r:

Corie, if I get a 240, I'd drop an SR20 in it immediately and smoke your ass. :p But yeah, I don't really fit right in a 240.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Dec 17 2004, 09:30 AM
if you want a highway car, then go for it. but i wouldnt buy a supra that isnt turbo..
[post=433663]Quoted post[/post]​

I want to buy a Supra NA and drop a Turbo motor in it to avoid "performance surcharge" on my insurance.

well supra front ends and engines are not by any means cheap. neither are the part for them. exhausts...easily run your 800 dollars alone. do you plan on doing alot? because if you do, youll be more in debt than everyone on here, combined.

Not really. MA70 NA Chassis, 7MGTE engine swap, exhaust system, and a K&N Air Filter. Probably a BOV. Nice wheel and tire package, and some Eibachs and probably Koni Yellows. Stock HP is good HP.

if you can find a blue one, GET IT!!! they didnt make that many of em.

ok, so your looking to spend around....5 grand when its all said and done. oh, id go ahead and get a new fmic...

I really kinda have. I'll need to check on how it would affect my insurance premiums, and a few other things. I just wanted to check and see if anyone here had any profound opinions on them.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Dec 17 2004, 10:01 AM

ok, so your looking to spend around....5 grand when its all said and done. oh, id go ahead and get a new fmic...
[post=433677]Quoted post[/post]​

My friend Tony has a Blue '90 Turbo.

I'll probably get a white or charcoal one. I hate the maroon color they used on almost all of them.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Dec 17 2004, 10:01 AM

[post=433677]Quoted post[/post]​

~3k for a decent shape late '80-early '90s NA model.
~1k to 1500 for a 7MGTE front clip.
+cost for install help.
+desired accessories.

Yeah, I'd say about 5k is a good estimate.

Id say more around 6, when its all said and done. misc. parts for swaps adds up. my engine for my car costed 2000 dollars, and when I was all done it was up to 2700 bucks(stuff like water pump, timing belt, plugs wires, dizzy cap, rotor, fluids, clutch, thermostat, couple o gaskets, exhaust welded, wire for battery cable's, battery cable eyes)

i was talkin like... 5 grand on top of the car...which if you want a nice one will cost you around the same.... low miles good body...

There's a low miles good body '91 Turbo for like 4500 on autotrader near me.

It's Burgundy though... which wouldn't look bad with some Gunmetal Volk 57Pros. :D

Back