Thoughts on Anwr?

to drill or not to drill

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

But all we will do with it is export it to some other country, I doubt that if it is tapped we will see any significant drop in gas prices.

But we'll just sell it to the Chinese instead of using it, because it's run by oil companies and any company will take it's product to where it makes more money.

Glad Im not the only one who thinks that.

Glad Im not the only one who thinks that.

Translation: They don't give a shit about us. Never have. Never will. They care about one thing: money.

Good ol Capitalism, hard at work! The more and more I look at it, the more and more painful this lesson will be for Americans to learn.

This is very true, but Average Joe consumer thinks, "Sure if they drill it we'll have $1.95 gal gas again." And that is far from the case, fossil fuels as a main energy source are on their way out, wether people agree with it or not its the truth.

ANWR.jpg

i have r19 in the walls, r39 in the attic.

hey have you looked into home wrap?, pull the siding and install, then slap the siding back on.,. also use 2-5mil plastic sheeting to eliminate any drafts.before you put the siding back on

WHAT transitional period?

If we drill for oil, we're just gonna keep straight down the track we're on. Americans won't change on their own... they'll see a big pool of oil and keep on driving their SUVs through downtown traffic, squandering every drop.

Trust me... do you think people are selling their land yachts for sub-compacts because it's chic? You want Americans to change, you have to hit them in that back pocket in order for them to listen. And if this is the ONLY way, so be it.

I'm for putting a hole in it, but all that will come from it is the same problem... 15 years later. Funny how that always seems to be the way the Right plans things... screw the future, *I* want NOW.

Well I think it's pretty clear that gas prices are going to continue to rise whether we introduce new oil sources or not. Like I said, perhaps some new prospecting can at least make things somewhat bearable during the transitional period. And yes, there WILL be a transitional period.

Theoretically, we could all start driving hybrid vehicles tomorrow, but they'd still need gas to function. Yes, they'd use a lot less gas then the Suburbans and Hummers a lot of people are continuing to drive, but still, they require gas.

Show me the alternative energy source that's ready to be implemented on a national scale, right now. Oh, right, there isn't one...

How is there not going to be a transitional period? :shrug2:

we can just immediately hop to $10 a gallon like the british...thatll force a transitional period.

Well I think it's pretty clear that gas prices are going to continue to rise whether we introduce new oil sources or not. Like I said, perhaps some new prospecting can at least make things somewhat bearable during the transitional period. And yes, there WILL be a transitional period.

Eventually, yes. Oil is non-renewable, and that alone means that there will be a period where we will need to move away from it.

Theoretically, we could all start driving hybrid vehicles tomorrow, but they'd still need gas to function. Yes, they'd use a lot less gas then the Suburbans and Hummers a lot of people are continuing to drive, but still, they require gas.

That's the ticket. Not driving Piouses and Hindsights, but not driving Hummers and Suburbans. WTF happened to the good old fashioned mid-size sedan for the family, and the compacts for single players and everyday scooting? We don't have to be so tight assed that we're shitting diamonds, but the way we consume is borderline hedonistic! Do we honestly need to be driving vehicles that can seat two families, has 4 TVs and room for a month's worth of groceries?

Show me the alternative energy source that's ready to be implemented on a national scale, right now. Oh, right, there isn't one...

Looks like something that needs the lion's share of the money. It's a NOW problem that can't wait much longer to be solved. We've put it on the back burner for a little too long.

How is there not going to be a transitional period? :shrug2:

The question is "when" and "how much will it hurt".

Right, I agree with what you've said here. I think we're more on the same page then I thought originally.

And I completely agree with you on the need for us (Americans) to be driving smaller vehicles. Honestly, I've always despised driving large vehicles. I've driven big vans, trucks, and SUVs for work in the past and have not enjoyed it. I have never in my life had a desire to drive anything besides a small car. Since I'm a single guy right now my Integra coupe works fine for me. Even if I did have a family, something like an Accord/Camry/Fusion would be the biggest size of vehicle I'd be interested in owning.

It always has amazed me to see these ass-hat soccer moms and business men out driving a freakin' Suburban or Escalade to work or out shopping, just them in the car, no one else. Gas prices aside, it boggles my mind why you'd even want to drive a behemoth like that on a daily basis... :shrug2:

Regardless of what goes on with the price of gas today I think the damage has been done to its industry. Demand for alternative sources has spiked a lot recently. America, and the better part of the world needs to start using a skill that we all have called ingenuity.

Even if it lowers back to like $2 for some insane reason, like the center of the earth is nothing but gas, i still think people will still be looking elsewhere.

I also would like to propose to congress that killing more people will increase our oil supplies millions of years from now. Get a whackin

/end sarcasm

Right, I agree with what you've said here. I think we're more on the same page then I thought originally.

And I completely agree with you on the need for us (Americans) to be driving smaller vehicles. Honestly, I've always despised driving large vehicles. I've driven big vans, trucks, and SUVs for work in the past and have not enjoyed it. I have never in my life had a desire to drive anything besides a small car. Since I'm a single guy right now my Integra coupe works fine for me. Even if I did have a family, something like an Accord/Camry/Fusion would be the biggest size of vehicle I'd be interested in owning.

It always has amazed me to see these ass-hat soccer moms and business men out driving a freakin' Suburban or Escalade to work or out shopping, just them in the car, no one else. Gas prices aside, it boggles my mind why you'd even want to drive a behemoth like that on a daily basis... :shrug2:
CRXs are "right sized" A 4 seater Integra for one person is overkill.

CRXs are "right sized" A 4 seater Integra for one person is overkill.

Mine's a coupe actually, but yeah, I agree. Honestly I felt like my 94 Accord sedan was huge. I was immensely happy to get into a 2-door Integra. I can't even fathom driving a Lincoln/Cadillac/etc. on a daily basis...

Mine's a coupe actually, but yeah, I agree. Honestly I felt like my 94 Accord sedan was huge. I was immensely happy to get into a 2-door Integra. I can't even fathom driving a Lincoln/Cadillac/etc. on a daily basis...

Beats the hell out of using a Yukon, etc. for your daily commute.

Back