thoughts on ephedra?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stay away from ephedra. that shit is nasty. ephedrine is used to make meth. that will mess with your whole entire body. but if you keep lifting weights you aren't going to lose weight, just fat. you will actually gain weight. www.gnc.com there are a lot of good products here. this is where i go. but i am trying to gain weight and it works for me.

if you want to lose weight the best way, just do it with diet and excercise. but its also the slowest 2-3lbs per week.

when do you work out? right after you get up, or right before you go to bed?

breakfast really is the most important meal of the day, so get used to eating it. it should include lots of protein. protein is a brain food and it also helps to heal sore muscles.

your lunch should be medium sized, and include an equal amount of carbs and protein. and should also include fiber.

dinner should be lite with lots of fiber. something like a salad.

its okay to snack periodically through out the day, but when you snack it should be something like trail mix, with lots of nuts. they are really good for your heart and brain(its been proven that eating nuts improves memory and reduces risk of alzheimers, and you do not want that, i used to work in a nursing home...).

the best thing though is to make sure you stop eating a while before bed, soon enough that you have at least 12 hrs with out any food.

my $.02

I know your looking for results fast etc..
loosing weight fast typically involves loss of water and if
you don't keep up with keeping the weight off it'll all come back.

It took me almost 1.5 years to loose a shit load of weight. (long period of time best way to lose it and keep it off)
I was 195 ish, I'm now 155-160. I agree 100% with Steve, water, water,water.
I drink about 5-8 16once glasses a day. (I piss a lot) ,

the major thing that helped me loose weight was changing my diet(and I'm not talking going vegitarian like I am now), even if you eat out a lot , I do as well. I tarted by limiting my red meat intake, red meat really isn't all that healthy for ya, you don't have to stop but reduce it. I then started eating my vegitables , fish, pork and chicken and basically stopped eating red meat altogether. became very disciplined at not eating junk foods between meals (ie oily fucking chips) I allowed my self only toastitos and salsa, as it's probably the only junk food that ain't to fatning.

my diet is now about 55% proteins from various sources, mainly fish and soy products,
about 35% carbs, you don't have to give up breads etc, but cheese will fucking kill ya mainly dairy products in general, and about 10% fats (the good ones)

and in doind do I lost about 40lbs and I didn't do any type of exercise.

Now on top of keeping a pretty strict diet , I figure if I can discipline myslef to keep eating healthy, keeping a moderate exercise routine should be easy, my problem is finding someone to play sports with like tennis, my wife trys but she's not into it, but I work out every few days a week, and in doing so I've held my weight quite constant.

yeah you can still cheat and have a piece of cheese cake or some other type of foods that you love you just have to do it all in moderation.

^^^^^^^^ sounds like we got a loose nut behind the wheel.

i know loosing 3-4 pounds a week is "fast" but honestly, for me, its not.

within a week i can be up or down anywhere from 10-15 lbs. its weird. 230-250 is my range for sure... and it really just depends what day you catch me on. I must be full of shit or something :D

The numbers don't really mean shit to me. I just want to loose the fat and get cut. and then, maybe, just maybe- i'll get a tan this year :ph34r:

where the hell is the flag day? there hasent been an issue for like 2 months now and plenty of photo ops.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 31 2003, 11:29 AM
and then, maybe, just maybe- i'll get a tan this year

but then noone would be able to find you in the dark!

read: glo-worm

hydroxycut+lots of cardio=lots of weight reduction for the del slo

plus you will get enough sun when you take the top off.

Ephedrine makes me sick. Gives me heart palpitations - Which I got when I quit smoking too. I can't imagine the two stacked on top of each other. I wouldn't do it, not yet.

Nice work with the smoking and the working out though. You haven't seen significant results because you're doing too much and too soon. It's simply too early to tell.

Here is my regimen:

Mon: Sit in chair, eat dinner, smoke cigs.
Tue: Go over to Airjockie's house. Smoke lots of cigs, lift heavy things and drink beer. Ate french fries.
Wed: Slept in until 2:00. PM. back to Air's, rolled car onto it's side. Beer and cigs. Burger king.
Thur: Air's again. Cigs again. Beer again. Dinner at home.
Fri: Slept until noon. Sat in chair, Air's, cigs and beer. Huge dinner if I don't go to work and drive until 1:00 am.

I lost 3 pounds this week.

-> Steve

137 pounds 5'6"

I personally would stay clear from ephedra, if you are hurting after a hard work out, check out some glutamine(sp?). It is good stuff, but you will only need to use it for a month or two because by then, your body will have become used to working out, and you should not be this sore.

now before I begin I'm going to tell you that taking ephedra and quiting smoking will NOT work. I can tell you from XP that ephedra will make you smoke about 30% more then normal.

I have taken the stuff, and it works, the only problems are.

1) you have to use WILL POWER to keep the same eating habits after you stop using it and

2) you really can't drink coffeon the the stuff (I wouldn't take cold medicene either).

Remember that and you should be fine, oh and don't take it for over 60 days

do not do what haccord said, about teh abs every day. if you over train, as in, work them out and not give them time to heal, they will get weaker and smaller. this is true for pretty much any muscle. with your workout, try pushing on day, and pulling the next. i.e pushing like bench press, pulling like rowing.

i lost 30+lb.s in about 4 months using Xenadrine RFA-1 (loaded with ephedra). ive tried the new non-ephedra version and there is NO COMPARISON. the original version kicked ass. the new version might as well be aspirin.

here's what i found works best: take 1 or 2 capsules just before your workout. you will kick serious ass in your workout. i used to spend over an hour on the precor elliptical machine at FULL SPEED! i was burning about a pound a day. no lie! i was watching my diet too. extrememely strict on the dieting. thats why i gained it all back and then some.

downside of ephedra...once your body gets used to it, you build a tolerance like caffeine...and when you decide to stop taking it one day...the worst fucking headache in the world hits you. i would take like 8 aaspirins to get rid of it.

Glad to hear you are getting in shape! :thumbsup: good luck B!

there was just one of those info-mercials on TV sponsored by a firm to sue the makers of ephedra because it has been linked and not limited to: bleeding of the brain, strokes and some other nasty shit.

B, my roomate was in the same situation as you this summer. He started this summer at about 245 he's about 5'8. All he did was cardio every day and he did a lot of lifting at his landscaping job. now he is down to like 195 his man boobies are gone completely, and because he lost a lot of fat in face he looks a lot younger so just run your ass off B! literally.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 31 2003, 09:29 AM
i know loosing 3-4 pounds a week is "fast" but honestly, for me, its not.

within a week i can be up or down anywhere from 10-15 lbs. its weird. 230-250 is my range for sure... and it really just depends what day you catch me on. I must be full of shit or something :D

The numbers don't really mean shit to me. I just want to loose the fat and get cut. and then, maybe, just maybe- i'll get a tan this year :ph34r:

Ephedra is for fricking pansies if you ask me.

To get cut this is what I have done, and working on, went from 36inch waist to 31 and I almost have a 6 pack within the last 6 months.

-Work out a good 4-5x a week.

-Whey protein 4-5x a day.

-Minimum carbs but not in ketosis, under 60g a day.

-Run atleast 10 miles a week.

-The usual Glutamine, glucosamine 2-3x a day for good effects, all natural

-Daily Vitamin.

-Do full ab workout 3-4x a week, not including doing the basic crunches during work outs.

This is my work at getting in shape and I'm getting damn good results even though I have no metabolism whatsoever.

I've lost 30 lbs in the last 3-4 months, and I've moved up 10-20lbs in all weight groups without getting in ketosis or any additives such as creatine. I've plateaued on weight loss, but I'm continuing to lose fat deposits and the love handles, etc.

--------------------------------------
THis is what you don't want to do.

EX: My brother did it like this, he lost 85 lbs in 8 months.

Don't eat more then 1200 cal a day, run 10-20 miles a week, Ephedra like mad.
He's a weak mofo, and really, you don't want anything like this. Being 3 inches and taller then me and 2 lbs less, he can do only 3 pull ups yet I can do like 3x16 all day long.

its all about your diet man. If its taking you ridiculously long to heal, you might not be getting enough protein. Start taking hydroxycut (It works very well from what I hear) and make sure your burning more calories than you eat.

two words,

CRYSTAL METH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not as expensive as ephedra, you can cook it in your own basement, and best of all you dont need a prescription.

the only small side effect is eventual hardcore addition, speed bumps (you ex tweekers know what i mean ;)

and the occasional mental delusion.

friend of mine kicked the habit.....err i mean "got off the meth diet"

and he became a born again religious person telling everybody about Jesus.

there ya go, ya loose weight and become a man of the cloth...

Back