thoughts on the new header?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
You've probably seen some weird thigns going on if you were on for the past hour or so. I re-did the header and ad area, and also brought back the featured cars on the forum views, and on the main forum index, theres a neat new most active topics of threads that have posts from the past 24 hours.

whatcha think?

still getting used to it.. when i got on i was like "ok, WTF did he do this time??" its cool though.. :thumbsup:

here's the deal.

google contacted me and said they can work some magic if i incorporate the 300x250 ad above the fold.

i can't come up with a damn thing that works for that ad size above the fold. This is the best i came up with.

at first, i thought i had one of those computer errors that distorts everything on the screen. then i scrolled down and realized it was a new format. like anything else, i can get use to it.

i like the post thing, i was actually thinking about that the other day, that you should have something like that.

its a little big, but nothing a little scroll down cant take care of.

So with all the ads/sponsors are you makin any profit on this site, or just breakin even with the cost of running it?

Or is it none of my business and I should :newbie:

One time a video loaded into the ad - And while it didn't cause me issues, I wonder if any of this opens the possibility that my computer can start playing a Pontiac ad at work.

Just sayin.

here's the deal.

google contacted me and said they can work some magic if i incorporate the 300x250 ad above the fold.

i can't come up with a damn thing that works for that ad size above the fold. This is the best i came up with.

2 questions...

What kinda magic? Like uber revenue...upping pay per click...a liter of absinthe per week per clik?

and

since when is there a fold on a webpage? I thought that was newspaper only talk. Crazy psycho google.

Or is it none of my business and I should :newbie:

:werd: :newbie: :calban: :calban: :calban:

Video ads will NEVER play automatically. Thats how they work-- when you click play, it counts like a normal ads' 'click'.

w00t

since when is there a fold on a webpage? I thought that was newspaper only talk. Crazy psycho google.

I would assume "before the fold" to mean the area of the page before you have to scroll down on a standard size screen.... it makes sense.

Good work, I'm already used to this from one of my other boards, makes it easier to see what's going on when you first login

I am already use to it. I kinda like it actually. I was using it for navigation earlier.

Back