thoughts on this camber kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blah... camber wear is a joke. i'm low as hell, and have horrible camber, and my tires are fully shot when they are shot, even from the amber wear.

Uhh....going through tires every year isn't a joke. Its stupid. Tires should last longer then a year. Hell, my mom got new tires the other day and they have a 100,000 mile warranty, that's a fucking lot if you ask me.

I think most tires should atleast last 1.5 years, otherwise its pretty m uch stupid.

But then again B, we don't upgrade our wheels every year either. hehe.

moms tires = 100k = don't stick for shit
my tires = 15-20k = stick great
nascar = 500 miles = stick awesome

wear and tear is directly related to traction.

a set a year is common for me.

ya but when you wear through to the steel belts on the very inside edge of your tire and the rest has 10,000 miles left in it than it is a waste and a camber kit will serve a good purpose

i ordered Neuspeed Sport springs, so i'll be lowered 1.75 front 1.5 back.
considering i'm running 205/40/17 tires, does everyone think i'll have enough noticeable wear after a year?

i think you shoudl throw out the idea. 205/40's fucking suck... regardless of the fact that they are on 17s.

i know, i had a set.

lower profile is NOT better.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 22 2004, 12:09 PM
blah... camber wear is a joke. i'm low as hell, and have horrible camber, and my tires are fully shot when they are shot, even from the amber wear.

I've seen tires worn 100% to like 25% from inside to out. Camber wear is definitley not a myth. Besides, If your not at the correct camber on your drive tires, your straight line traction is probably sufftering.

yes, wear is caused by camber...

but handeling is increaded 2-fold with some negative camber.

if you actually USED the outside of your tires, you wouldn't have such a 25%/100% problem. :) turn harder and stuff.. hehe

as for not runnign 205/40... its simply no sidewall, and your handeling and launch are suffering.

the lowest i'd go to a 40 profile would be on a 245 or higher. remeber, 40 is a PERCENT. the wider the tire, the less 40% actually is in terms of height. 40% of 205 = tiny.

i've driven it all...
195/60/14
205/60/14
199/55/15
205/50/15
205/45/16
205/40/17

i recommend 205/50/15.

my spedometer is currect with 40 series tires. regardless of sidewall size, these wheel/tire combos handle a million times better than my stock 14" steelies.
the wheels are temporary til they are sold and 15" Rotas are ordered.
but for $100, i wasn't going to pass up the oppurtunity to get rid of the pizza cutters.
and yes, i know how real camber wear is:

tirecamber2.jpg

camber doesn't really kill the tires. It's the toe that makes it look like the pic that Prowler posted. I have basicly perfect camber in the rear, but are shot, much like that picture. Its because my Trailing arm is slightly bent and I can't get it excatly perfect when it comes to toe.

ohhhhh man... please don't tell me those are FZ4's!!!!1

quite possibly the worst tire ever made. lol

Toe wears your tires, not camber. Here's my front passenger side...

s40921f7eea613.jpg

Don't have exact specs in front of me, but it is over 3 degrees, 3.47 or some shit, but my toe is set dead on perfect, anyway here's a couple comparative shots of the inside and outside tread...

Inside...

s4092210c99d06.jpg

Outside (sorry about the size)...

s409220a99c414.jpg

This is after a few thousand miles on the autobahn.

Back