1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thread size

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by DelSlo, Oct 20, 2005.

1. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

does anyone know what the thread size is for hte oil pressure sensor on the back of a b series block, is it 1/4 or 3/8 " its not metric right??

just looking to bid on a t fitting that says its 1/4".

im gonna use common sense and geuss the thread is a really fine pitch too right??

also anybody ever use those golden eagle vacuum manifolds with the 6 ports on them?? it sounds to be helpful but didnt know if anybody could give any feedback on how well they operate or if they are accurate to mani. vacuum. :)

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

block is 1/8" BSPT.

DO NOT try to use an NPT fitting on it, or you'll fubar you're block. you need a bspt to npt adapater.

http://www.mcmaster.com/
    part# 4092K81
    Precision Threaded Type 316 SS Pipe Fitting 1/8" NPT Male X 1/8" BSPT Male Hex Nipple, 9100 PSI
    In stock at $4.44 Each

i used the vac manifold....didn't have too many problems with it. just a pain in the ass to set up.

3. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

thanx B, yeah i think i might give it a shot, its only like 30 bucks on ebay and if keeps everything organized then its a good investement.

ok thats mad cheap for hte adapter. noob question for ya, i know PT stands for pipe thread, but what does the "N" and "BS" stand for, just out of curiosity!

thanx again!

4. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

NPT = National Pipe Tapered
    NPS = National Pipe Straight

BSPT = British Standard Pipe Tapered

5. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted