three 15s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 1991 civic lx sedan and Im looking to put three or if possible four 15s somewhere in my car. Does anyone have any ideas of where the subs would sound their best? Im actually making my car into an rolling business card for my upcoming audio business coming soon! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

~DirtySouthAccord

you would need to take out your back seats and just turn the car into a full sized speaker box. mount the speakers in the trunk facing the cabin of the car.

something like this.
APsub.jpg

on a side note, if you are starting a speaker install business, shouldn't you already know the answer to this? or are you going to post every time a customer needs something? lol

I have a 1991 civic lx sedan and Im looking to put three or if possible four 15s somewhere in my car. Does anyone have any ideas of where the subs would sound their best? Im actually making my car into an rolling business card for my upcoming audio business coming soon! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

~DirtySouthAccord
lol the business has already went under lol,

you would need to take out your back seats and just turn the car into a full sized speaker box. mount the speakers in the trunk facing the cabin of the car.

something like this.
APsub.jpg

on a side note, if you are starting a speaker install business, shouldn't you already know the answer to this? or are you going to post every time a customer needs something? lol

Wouldn't need to post everytime, just containing to my own setup so I can build it right. Real solid build, looks good and loud!

lol the business has already went under lol,

LOL just beginning and there's going to be major bass, this build will be for SPL and everyday use. What can I say but I LOVE BASS!

I wouldn't say solid. That to me look aweful and not at all reliable. The box is the most important step in sound. just like tuning a vehicle and little change air or port length can mean the difference in quality sound or garbage with the speaker blowing up prematurly.

the reason the box above look is a horrible design is because the trunk isnt air tight. why, they were able to open the trunk.:lol:

try to build the box in the back and inside the trunk.

first off lets find out what subs your hoing to use.
what amps?
how many batteries?
what size alternator?
is this just for bass SPL?
if so what hertze do you plan on tunig it to?

If you can't answer these or haven't even though about them you might want to do some research and hang around some local shops.

I'm assuming your customers will be seeing this car? If so, I would not do any buisness with you if I saw that box in the back of your car.

I'm a bit confused why your asking US where you should put the subs for the best sound quality, when you're the one opening an Audio business. That kind of scares me. No offense.

:withstupid: this is the kinda stuff you should already be aware of well before ever attempting to open your own business

try to build the box in the back and inside the trunk.

first off lets find out what subs your hoing to use.
what amps?
how many batteries?
what size alternator?
is this just for bass SPL?
if so what hertze do you plan on tunig it to?

If you can't answer these or haven't even though about them you might want to do some research and hang around some local shops.

still wainting!

3 15s in a Honda Civic

I am currently in the middle of a sound system overhaul in my EM1 where I am squeezing 3 JL AUDIO 15W6s (circa 2000) into the trunk. You can't fit three 15s side by side to face the rear seat; I tried to make a baffle to fit all three, but the space won't accept it (even if you were to build the enclosure into the trunk). 12s would fit, but not 15s. Even if you can fit all three in the trunk, you still need to think about amp placement, capacitance, installation of fuse/ground blocks, and a bunch of other facets.

I think I've found a design that fits my trunk, but it doesn't leave me much room for the rest of my equipment. I wish I could post a picture so you'd know what I was talking about. Here is a link to my ride:

VTRides.com - Ride Profile - CreativeRider

I am currently in the middle of a sound system overhaul in my EM1 where I am squeezing 3 JL AUDIO 15W6s (circa 2000) into the trunk. You can't fit three 15s side by side to face the rear seat; I tried to make a baffle to fit all three, but the space won't accept it (even if you were to build the enclosure into the trunk). 12s would fit, but not 15s. Even if you can fit all three in the trunk, you still need to think about amp placement, capacitance, installation of fuse/ground blocks, and a bunch of other facets.

I think I've found a design that fits my trunk, but it doesn't leave me much room for the rest of my equipment. I wish I could post a picture so you'd know what I was talking about. Here is a link to my ride:

VTRides.com - Ride Profile - CreativeRider

If you have the vertical space for 15's - make a trapezoidal enclosure. Either cant the two outside woofers out or in - really doesn't matter. That will narrow the enclosure and probably give it better acoustical properties. Actually, canting the outside 15's inwards is preferred.

Nice work and shop BTW!

Last edited:
Back