THREE WEEKS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
discuss. the car is a 91 colt with a 1.5L single cam 4spd stick. only mods are 1.8L injectors, maf, ecu, and throttlebody. 8k miles since initial install of clutch, last summer. :ph34r:

FUCKED%20CLUTCH.JPG

The fact that a Colt can rip apart ANY clutch from it's "raw, unadultered" power speaks volumes of that clutch brand and quality.

Airjockie has put twice the power, 6 times the abuse through a clutch installed backward with better life spans. I would have a serious talk with the manufacturer.

-> Steve

Sorry I honestly wasn't quite sure what the pics even were. Please excuse my ignorance and refrain from hitting me with the newbie stick. I haven't had to rebuild a tranny or do anything with a clutch yet. I suppose my SHO tranny/clutch must be very well built cause I abused it when I was younger and it still runs/shifts and feels like a champ. However, if the others think it shouldn't be in that bad of shape from the aforementioned vehicle I would do what Steve suggested and contact the manufacturer. :(

thats nothing.

gotta have E find that pic from ray's rx7.....

well heres the deal.

it was an EXEDY oem clutch.

right now, im running an oem replacement beck arnley clutch. its got about 5x more rivets.

for those who didnt know, my old tranny had really bad bearings. im guessing that is what destroyed the clutch.

i have a 89 colt.... my clutch was 85 dollar cheap O and it take everything i throw at it.... tell me does the 1.8L injectors, maf, ecu, and throttlebody do anything to the car? my only mod was a 4spd to 5sp swap

i paid 80 shipped for this one. the exedy was 120 shipped.

gets rid of that crappy low end torque.

to put that throttlebody on, you need to bore the plenum to 52mm. :)

when the disc broke, i was reversing very slowly at low rpms. i went 2 feet, and then i lost everything and heard weird noises. flatbedded it home and thats what came out.

the car is running sweet right now. in fact, im autocrossing it tomorrow. :)

Back