threw my first cel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
dont know where to list this.....

was coming home ealier this morning, when a celica gt was all over my ass.

i turned a few corners in high hopes of ditching him (did not want to "race") but he still kept up.

got to a stoplight, and owned him.

came to a second stop light and i was going to serve him the remainder of his ass on a platter.

after i hit second gear, car bogs, cel comes on.

fuck.

take the car home and look on the ECU to find the code....
the light is not working on the ecu.

how do i tell what code im throwing?

Just limp it to Autozone. Go in and tell them you need them to check your car, you threw a cel.
They'll come out and scan it for free.

update....

disconnected the + and - terminals of the battery....

no more cel.

im thinking its my cat .....blue box makes it run rich, been noticing at 6k in 2nd and 3rd gears, car tends to ..... "lack the go"

maybe its a good time to invest in a exhaust and hi flow cat with o2 simulator.....

there is no CEL on the ecu dude.

when you jump it with the service harness, it will flash your CEL in the dash with the code.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 14 2003, 11:30 PM
there is no CEL on the ecu dude.

when you jump it with the service harness, it will flash your CEL in the dash with the code.

:doh:

im used to my old 89 hatch....where the ecu flashed lights.

so ur telling me on the ek coupe, if im throwing a cel, the ecu should NOT flash?

so aside from taking it to autozone, how can i tell what code im throwing?

when the check engine light came on today, it just stayed on, didnt flash, and there indeed was a light on the ecu, but it was not flashing....

maybe because i got the blue box piggy backing it?

eitherway its gone, i reset the ecu, and drove the car around town afterwards and everything was coo coo....

but for future reference.....?

B answered your question already... jumper the service connector (green/blue plug thingy up inside lower passenger side of dash) with a wire or paperclip, turn the key to position 2, then watch the light go blinky.

when it comes on, that means theres a code.
you need to jump it to read it, THEN it will flash.

obd0 flashed on the ecu

obd1+2 flash the CEL in the dash

Back