Throing CEL22 at high RPMs in 3rd gear

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ibanezsr

What do i do to fix and ho much to replace this switch. Where is this switch located? Is it right under the Vtec solenoid? I have checked the scree on solenoid and changed the gasket to. not sure what else to do.

It is the sensor that has a 2 wire plug going into it on the VTEC solenoid assembly that attaches to the head. To fix it check to make sure you have enough oil in the engine, check the wiring, and then check to make sure the sensor works by either performing tests on it or by switching it with a known good sensor. It seams to go for $64.65 new at the dealership or $45.26+shipping at Majestic Honda.

ok i had one of my friends tell me that on his motor he doesnt have a vtec pressure switch so i decided to give it a shot and disconnected mine. It havent thrown a CEL yet and i was able to hit vtec all the way up to 4th gear. From what i was told JDM engines and ECU's do not require the vtec pressure switch. Should i do anything else besides disconnecting it?

It is not that the JDM engines don't require it, it is that JDM ECU's don't look for it and as long as you are not throwing a code for it then I see no reason to worry about it.

Back