throttle body bore..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
just wondering how hard it is to bore a TB on your own..

what all is needed to do so..

nothing is hard if you have the tools..i would say 7-10..i would just buy one...m2c

whats tools would be needed?? would a Dremel work??

**edit**
nevermind about the dremel thing.. i was thinkin of somethin else..

Are you planning on replacing the throttle plate, also? If not there's hardly any point in boring your tb. You'll still have the same size opening.

you would need access to a lathe or i guess you could do it on a good mill also i would not try based upon you having to ask this question

In that case, don't try it yourself. It wouldn't be like port matching or something simple like that. Definitely machine shop work.

It depends on how good you are with a die grinder, or if you can get your hands on a mill. The only thing being that it needs to be precise down to a thousanth of an inch in order for the TB not to leak. Have a machine shop do it - I think aftermarket TBs are overpriced anyway, unless you get a huge one.

so if i were to get my TB bored out.. could i port match my intake mani. by myself w/ a Dremel??

i would put the dremel away before all you have is a pile of shavings that you cant do anything with but sell to the scrap yard for $0.02 per pound

Back