throttle body heater bypass mod

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Do any of you know details on the above mod.
How is it done & is it worth the effort?

my logic tells me the following
It helps, you intake manifold and TB stay a lot cooler, decreases induction charge temparature and therefore should give you a little extra poke... :cool:

you can do it wihtout the hondata gasket. its really easy. the coolant line that goes to the TB just comes right out and to the IACV. just go around the TB completely and straight to the IACV. however, if you have a FITV on your TB you might want to get a TB without one, or block it off.

I guess I never really cared to do that for the sake of maybe 1-2% increase in hp. I did the hondata gasket, that was a no brainer, but in efforts to keep the engine running as normal as possible, I just left the other parts alone, but more power to you.

Quoted post[/post]]
I guess I never really cared to do that for the sake of maybe 1-2% increase in hp. I did the hondata gasket, that was a no brainer, but in efforts to keep the engine running as normal as possible, I just left the other parts alone, but more power to you.
Not to thread jack, but mike, what is the advantage of the Hondata TB gasket?
Anything that you can notice?

not really, not in normal driving... But then again, I built my engine with it, and so haven't really compared the current build with and without it.

i had done the TB coolant bypass thing and done some datalogging at the drag strip as well as everyday driving. within statistical error there was no difference. sometimes it seemed the intake air temps were cooler, but then there is still heat soak from the rest of the 130*+ engine bay so everything gets hot as shit anyways

i bypassed mine in the mirage with no ill effects. in the winter, the IACV makes the RPM's hunt until the car is totally warmed up, though.

it may not be much, but it cleans up the engine bay a bit. both hoses on the mirage are originally 9" long.

Quoted post[/post]]
i had done the TB coolant bypass thing and done some datalogging at the drag strip as well as everyday driving. within statistical error there was no difference. sometimes it seemed the intake air temps were cooler, but then there is still heat soak from the rest of the 130*+ engine bay so everything gets hot as shit anyways

lol, nerd. I would've expected this from you... :)
I would've done it if I actually thought it would have made a big difference. :ph34r:

Back