1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

throttle body question.

Discussion in 'Integra' started by 91integra b18, May 20, 2009.

1. 91integra b18

91integra b18 New Member

Im looking to put a blox throttle body and intake manifold on my integra. what size mm would be for best performance?

2. Magana559

Magana559 The Warden

Go with www.maxbore.com ;) a lot cheaper and more bang for your buck.

3. 91integra b18

91integra b18 New Member

im looking to put a whole new throttle body and intake manifold (skunk2) for the clean looks to. so im guessing a 66 or 68 mm would be best?......

4. Magana559

Magana559 The Warden

your stock integra throttle body gets bored to 67mm for $100 thats not bad if you ask me. I had it done by JG engine dynamics and payed a lot more, plus your not looking or making your own gaskets.

skunk2 intake manifolds are good for N/A but you can make more power off edelbrock victor x on boost vs the skunk2.

I cant aswer all your questions because I dont know what your building and what you want to do with your build.

Fill us in on what you want to do, what HP do you want to be at, and most importantly what engine do you have.

And even after that we still cant tell you what HP you will have or how fast or slow you will be. But we can always help on the build. :)

5. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

very vague question.... what else is done to the motor?

6. 91integra b18

91integra b18 New Member

i actually dont know whats done on the inside. the previous owner was running high compression pistions and blew the head. theres a brand new head on it now. i just have some mild bolt ons. headers,intake,thermal r and d exhaust, c/a intake. in a week or so ill have a chipped ecu from speed innovations. im looking to push around 220hp. What should be done first?

7. 91integra b18

91integra b18 New Member

8. Justin66

Justin66 The Hondaswap Canadian

Thats gonna be very hard to achieve without boost. high lift cams, intake manifold, higher comp pistons (if not already still in) and some real tuning. You may get close but even that kinda power from and b16/b18c isnt easy without boost. N/A is very expensive so be prepared.

9. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

:werd:

If 220 horses is your goal, you are going to be VERY hard pressed to achieve that without boost. You'd need a VTEC head and you'd need to go back to a pretty high compression ratio, and it's not going to be cheap. I'd recommend assembling a turbo kit for your LS. You can easily achieve your goal with a mild forced induction setup...

10. TeggyMan

TeggyMan New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted