Throttle Body Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hello everyone,

I have a 95 cx, with a jdm spec b16A Gen2 motor the year on the motor is a 92'. I have the jdm spec harness in it as we speak. The car starts and runs. But there are two problems, there is no throttle position sensor and map sensor. People are saying with jdm spec b16A engines the map sensor is located on the frame itself. I was wondering would my single camp tps and map sensor work? Would I have to add just the tps and map sensor or would I have to replace the throttle body. Or would I have to buy another throttle body from another b series motor.

Also on my cousins type r engine his map sensor is located right on the throttle body. Will it matter where my map sensor is located just as long as its plugged in? I know the TPS cannot be relocated, but since they mount the map sensor on the frame could I also do the same. Also do you guys know exactly where the plugs to the map sensor are? Should I go with the US spec single cam harness or stick with the jdm harness? This is all new to me, so if I left any information out that you need to help me solve this problem please don't hesitate. Thanks!

Any Civic 88-00 MAP and TPS will work. It doesn't matter if the MAP is on the firewall or throttle body, or if it's from a SOHC or DOHC. The TPS however needs to be calibrated if it's been tampered with. The best thing I can suggest is to find a new throttle body from any B series OBD1 or later (so it doesn't have the vacuum advance crap on it) with a flawless TPS. You might as well get one that has the MAP on it. I'm more familiar with the D series so I don't know exactly which one it is.

i dont know why im replying to this thread, but your question has already been answered.

any map sensor will work, but youre still going to have to find a tps. you can get one off ebay, or you can buy a whole throttle body from the dealer. its really up to you. once you have that youll be ready to go.

unfortunately, i dont know EXACTLY where the plugs are at, but if you have the harness plugged in correctly, they shouldnt be too hard to find.

Back